DCI Open Class coverage

You know mistakes happen. Let's not "sue" DCI over an error. How about a polite email to the webmaster or whatever and say, "We noticed that the Citations were missing....blah blah blah." Sheeeeeeesh.

You know mistakes happen. Let's not "sue" DCI over an error. How about a polite email to the webmaster or whatever and say, "We noticed that the Citations were missing....blah blah blah." Sheeeeeeesh.

Did that before posting here. DCI has since corrected the issue. I guess I can call off my legal team.....

The intent of my post was not to imply some evil plot by DCI to leave the Citations out of it, just seemed funny that they left out the third place corps.

Edited by droy628

Did that before posting here. DCI has since corrected the issue. I guess I can call of my legal team.....

The intent of my post was not to imply some evil plot by DCI to leave the Citations out of it, just seemed funny that they left out the third place corps.

Cool. Now if they would only fix the video on demand we can all enjoy the shows from Michigan City.

Did that before posting here. DCI has since corrected the issue. I guess I can call of my legal team.....

Which, like you mentioned, they then corrected by adding a one liner... although why not give the 3rd place corps a mini write-up like the top 2? Top 2 only seems strange...

Their scores are coming from field level judging, visual performance and guard. From the box they aren't getting the same scores, but two thirds of the visual caption they are a mile ahead of the competition.

Up 6 tenths in guard (to Teal) and up 3 tenths in performance (to BDB) is hardly a "mile".

Edited by MagicBobert

Up 6 tenths in guard (to Teal) and up 3 tenths in performance (to BDB) is hardly a "mile".

I wasn't talking about the scores, I was talking about the fact that visually Citations does far more than any other corps in Open class. BDB (and certainly Teal Sound) does not dance like Citations HORNLINE does, never mind the guard.

but they had a nice little spot for the Blue Saints deaf drummer,

:withstupid: Yep, and some of us are very proud of him.....

Their scores are coming from field level judging, visual performance and guard. From the box they aren't getting the same scores, but two thirds of the visual caption they are a mile ahead of the competition.

First off - I think we're just looking at a very mediocre journalist. So the article is written by the "third string." <laugh>

As far as the Citations - there is a strong foundation relating to both the marching program and the guard program from their area. There are many people from both Boston and 27th Lancers that have gone on to teach people whom have taught other people, etc. The New England area is also the land of Peggy Twiggs and Georg Zingali both whom left a legacy of very well taught people who have passed it down. Citations clearly understand the value of a good basic block and how to relate that block to the technique they use in their show. A strong marching program often translates to an increased sense of pulse which, in turn, enhances ensemble.

Teal is doing something right or they would not be in the top 5!