2009 DCI Open Class Finals

I'm going to say something controversial and state that I like the BDB horn line sound better than the BDA sound. Much fuller from top to bottom and darker than the A corps.

Ummmm.... I respectfully disagree. That may have been true for part of this season. But not tonight. However, BDA's horns were outin force tonight. BDB's horns were good. BDA's horns were better.

I do admit that the best part of their show was not their horn line tonight. Their drumline was their best component tonight. They actually outdrummed Cacies and HNC. Go figure. Now you know why BDA won tonight - abd this, after the drum line cost them the title last year. That is not coincidence.

And they won color guard as well. Not Cavies or SCV or HNC but BDA. Seriously, the world must be turned upside down.

But BDA outmarched everyone tonight, with the possible exception of HNC. CC and Cavies marching was still sloppy. Inexcusable at this time of year.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Peter Gabriel Music at the retreat was weak. But at least we didn't have to listen to MILEY CYRUS music., as during the WC retreat! Horrendous. What does she have to do with DBC.? Nothing.

I would rather have battery acid poured down my ear canal, than listen to Miley Cyrus at a DBC show.

2. I am glad for Teal and their 4th place finish. I am glad for their kids. I am sure they worked hard, and deserve praise for their efforts.

Now take your rock band, guitars, amplifiers, and Christina Aguilera recordings to WC. Because I can't stand them anymore. Sorry, each time I hear them, I detest them even more.

To paraphrase my favorite line from Fiddler on the Roof, "God bless and keep Teal Sound, and keep them far, far away from me."

I'm going to say something controversial and state that I like the BDB horn line sound better than the BDA sound. Much fuller from top to bottom and darker than the A corps.

heard something similar a long time ago...the fuller sound, harmony, blending, spirited, open...

I'll get both Open and World DVDs and try to explain later or travel to DCI in 2010

thanks Kevin

heard something similar a long time ago...the fuller sound, harmony, blending, spirited, open...

I'll get both Open and World DVDs and try to explain later or travel to DCI in 2010

thanks Kevin

For balance and precision BDB does actually rate pretty welll, when compared to BDA. I give you that.

But for sheer power? No. No one was going to out-muscle BDA tonight, especially on that closer. That closer was BDA horn line of old, from 1980 or 1986. I wish we would have seen more of that throughout the show. Then BDA would have won that caption, and it would have been a clean sweep.

Instead, CC took home top brass, which I am sure will be an unsatisfactoey consolation prize.

Been thinking a lot about the sound. IMHO, the stadium had a lot to do with the lower brass sounding so good... Seems like every corp that featured them really showed some of the acoustical properties of the stadium. I sat in several different places, and unless you were near the center, the high brass just did not come out. Unfortunately, where I was, that magnificent ending to the vanguard show did not come through. Fortunately, I did get to hear them several times this summer.

For balance and precision BDB does actually rate pretty welll, when compared to BDA. I give you that.

But for sheer power? No. No one was going to out-muscle BDA tonight, especially on that closer. That closer was BDA horn line of old, from 1980 or 1986. I wish we would have seen more of that throughout the show. Then BDA would have won that caption, and it would have been a clean sweep.

Instead, CC took home top brass, which I am sure will be an unsatisfactoey consolation prize.

Except I could hear BDA's contras in '80 and '86. :shutup:

Memphis Sound in action:

q76d.jpg

Hey, I see me! Haha. Thanks for all the comments on our show. :]