Plymouth, Ma Senior And Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps Reunion Concert

The line up for the Reunion concert this year looks really good. These corps are listed @ http://usathanksgiving.com website.

Listed as appearing at the November 21st event are:

Crusader Senior Drum & Bugle Corps – Boston, MA

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights – Newark, NJ

St. Kevin’s Emerald Knights – Dorchester, MA

Park City Pride – Bridgeport, Ct.

Holy Family Defenders – Rockland, MA

Hawthorne Caballeros – Hawthorne, NJ.

Lancers Sr. Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps- Hanover, Pa

Reilly Raiders-Willow Grove, Pa

It should be noted that the website indicates that this lineup is a work in progress.

Edited by Flipwest64

The line up for the Reunion concert this year looks really good. These corps are listed @ http://usathanksgiving.com website.

Listed as appearing at the November 21st event are:

Crusader Senior Drum & Bugle Corps – Boston, MA

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights – Newark, NJ

St. Kevin’s Emerald Knights – Dorchester, MA

Park City Pride – Bridgeport, Ct.

Holy Family Defenders – Rockland, MA

Hawthorne Caballeros – Hawthorne, NJ.

Lancers Sr. Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps- Hanover, Pa

Reilly Raiders-Willow Grove, Pa

Wow , Its great tp see a couple of Pa. corps come up for the big show ! Glad to see the Hanover Lancers have a corps .Havent seen them up north since the late 60s. Only see Reilly when our corps( St. Kevins) travels down south. Man this should be one of the best Plymouth shows ever , in the 15 years it has been running. I am sure everybody is looking forward to it.

See you all soon,

Mike D.

Edited by M. DeSouza

Wow , Its great tp see a couple of Pa. corps come up for the big show ! Glad to see the Hanover Lancers have a corps .Havent seen them up north since the late 60s. Only see Reilly when our corps( St. Kevins) travels down south. Man this should be one of the best Plymouth shows ever , in the 15 years it has been running. I am sure everybody is looking forward to it.

See you all soon,

Mike D.

Thanks for the kind words Mike and not a surprise the Lancers have been "under the radar" of most corps fans. Actually the Plymouth show will be the start of (hopefully) a new direction the corps will be taking. Few years ago the membership was asked for ideas to help make sure that the corps remains vital in the future. More than a few members had the idea of going outside of our home area and doing shows with other corps. Plymouth will be our first Alumni type concert since Coatsville (not that far away) in 2004. Hope this will just be the first of many of these concerts for the corps.

And seeing the lineup it is kind of a scarey feeling. Lancers were never really a "name" corps but more of a local corps with a history going back to 1920. Our hope is to present a show with a variety of musical genres that will be pleasing to the audience.

Now if the corps would only drop totally "Alumni" from the name so newbies will realize you don't have to be a former member to join. (That was my suggestion a few years back.... sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not)

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

not a surprise the Lancers have been "under the radar" of most corps fans.

Yeah.... I've wondered why you guys haven't done more of the alumni-circuit concerts. The concerts where we've seen you... Harrisburg and elsewhere several years ago.... you always put on a good show.

Fran

Thanks for the kind words Mike and not a surprise the Lancers have been "under the radar" of most corps fans. Actually the Plymouth show will be the start of (hopefully) a new direction the corps will be taking. Few years ago the membership was asked for ideas to help make sure that the corps remains vital in the future. More than a few members had the idea of going outside of our home area and doing shows with other corps. Plymouth will be our first Alumni type concert since Coatsville (not that far away) in 2004. Hope this will just be the first of many of these concerts for the corps.

And seeing the lineup it is kind of a scarey feeling. Lancers were never really a "name" corps but more of a local corps with a history going back to 1920. Our hope is to present a show with a variety of musical genres that will be pleasing to the audience.

Now if the corps would only drop totally "Alumni" from the name so newbies will realize you don't have to be a former member to join. (That was my suggestion a few years back.... sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not)

Hi Jim,

I marched with the New Bedford Whalers in the 60s .We got to see Hanover Lancers quite a bit in the Red Carpet . I always remember you guys as having a top quality Corps ,always a good show ! I have marched with St, Kevins mell section for ten years now . I and a few other Whalers will look for you in Plymouth .

All the Best,

Mike D.

Parade should be good as well let's pray for warm weather. Lat year was brutal.

bump