Lucas Oil Stadium Roof

For all of the inquiring minds out there...

The roof was closed because it would have cost thousands of dollars to open it up (I've been told an amount in the six figure range)...

A private firm does the opening and closing and DCI would have to pay for several employees from that company to remain on-site, for the entire event, each day...

Apparently, DCI didn't know about the high price when they signed the stadium deal.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The roof was closed because it would have cost thousands of dollars to open it up (I've been told an amount in the six figure range)...

A private firm does the opening and closing and DCI would have to pay for several employees from that company to remain on-site, for the entire event, each day...

Apparently, DCI didn't know about the high price when they signed the stadium deal.

Interesting info. Thank you.

Anyway, they "didn't know"? Um...kinda important to get those details straight, ain't it????

Ok, then whoever forgot to do that due diligence, in an event that is ALL ABOUT MUSIC, should be fired.

AJMHO

All it took was a Russian Spy to figure this out for us.

Any other info you find out?

Actually - they insisted that the roof stay closed because they knew that it would be too boring on DCP without dozens of threads about the LOS roof.

Thanks DCI!

DCI has gone from appeasing fans to saving money. Not like they profited or anything charging ridiculous prices for tickets.

Because I'm sure the DCI of the 70's and 80's would've spent six figures opening a #### roof.

Good point.

Because I'm sure the DCI of the 70's and 80's would've spent six figures opening a #### roof.

Good point.

yes and they would've done it with their bare hands :doh:

Are you kidding me? Six figures to open a roof on an ostensibly retractable roof stadium? Cite your sources or I'm calling shenanigans on this one.

Don't know if I want to really buy into the excessive cost to operate the roof - not calling BS, but I think i'd like confirmation. Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I recall some figures on several other retractable roofs before LOS not being that high. maybe several thousand in labor and mechanical costs, but literally pennies in comparison. one of the oldest retracable roofs was the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh, and recall some boast that it was less than $1k (forgive the old memory on that one in advance).

we are talking about a very state of the art mechanism that is operated from a single control panel, and IIRC, actually generates energy as it is opened and closed (that claim is online somewhere). opens/closes in around 10 minutes - not much labor costs there, even at the required union rates. So the claim of a six figure pricetag seems way out of line.