no theme

no program

no prospectus

no narrative

no exposition

no story

just drum corps

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :worthy::doh::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Although I am 100% they will not follow this advice, and the show will end up as trite as Relámpago.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about an all Cole Porter? Anybody done that?

I like the Star Trek idea.

I like the Star Trek idea.

When Madison originally announced they were doing a trilogy of Latin shows I thought that they were looking at a plan that may build the corps to a third year where the corps would be good enough to really nail a shot at Malaguena.

Icon + Performance = Results

If this isn't going to happen then with the "performance" side of the package that is now so prevalent in DCI why not give us a huge slab of Slaughter on 10th

I'd really love for them to get away from Latin for a while. And on that note, I haven't heard a "bright" theme in a Madison show in a really long time.

When I say "bright" I think of the JSS show, the 2001 show, the 1998 show, etc. Everything lately has been so..."emo" for them lately.

And just because I already posted this in another thread...here's my show idea for them:

Madison Scouts: "The Cooking Show"

• [/u] (Original Score by Michael Giacchino who also wrote The Incredibles.)
  • Strawberry Soup by Don Ellis.
    (strawberry soup will be the middle tune, not the closer)

Reasons why?

• Give the drumline and pit a bunch of pots, pans, and knives for percussive experimentation/innovation...
  • Strawberry Soup is the shout-back to traditional charts of Madison past...
  • Theme is fun and accessible, and doesn't need an overly specific storyline to be understood (I'd compare it to CCrown 07 or Madison 97)
  • Michael Giacchino's score is very accessible and melodic...
  • The theme is also very good for marketable possibilities (Madison aprons, chef hats, napkins? etc.)...
  • The guard uniforms can be cheaply made while still being high quality (aprons, chef hats with appropriately solid colored shirts)...

Besides, that main theme is beautiful...

:doh: :doh: LOL!

Madison's doing a Latin trilogy?

La Noche was originally posted as the first of 3 years of Latin shows

I'm sure this has probably been discussed to death in other threads somewhere, but...

What are the chances the BOD would ask Scott Stewart to come back? And would he come back if asked?

If they're not scoring well anyway, at least they could kick ### again and get the crowds on their feet.

Guys the show is not the problem, I hope I'm not coming off like a know it all type but I don't think the problem is with uniforms, latin music, identity, concepts or design.

The 09 program really was (IMO) one of the best in Scout history but although they performed it very well, I don't feel that it was well milked.

For the Scouts, the Latin thing is really cool but they don't need it, not at all nor do they need to do away with it as long as music works, it's fine. What they need is more mature talent (and I don't mean age), better milking of whatever show they have and more than anything, not to give up, EVER, EVER,EVER.

What should matter more than anything is not what the judges or anyone else thinks but how much they respect their own art, corp esteem.

Being cool is far more important than being named the best and if you don't believe that, you probably don't get Hendrix or a lot of other important art either.

I personally do think that the Scouts are the coolest and one of the most important drum corps in DCI and I say that not because of their rich past but because the preset.

I'm not close the any members or staff, it's just what I believe and I'm right.

Do I think they were fairly judged in 09? Yes I do. But where the judges decide to place the Scouts make no difference to me whatsoever. And it shouldn't to the corps members either. The staff can worry about that.

....you know what? I just watched their show again and it sort of looks like they ran out of time in the season and couldn't get everything fixed but this totally an outsiders point of view.

Edited by zentropa