Rules Proposal 1

What say you?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How do you vote?

• Yar
    • Nar
    • Abstain

Remember, you MUST post your vote in order for it to count. Polls will close on Friday at around 2:00 PM CST.

Rule Change: Reinstatement of Prelims Competition for World Class

Rationale: With 70+ corps competing this season, I would like to see another round to give some of the lower tiered corps one more chance to advance. I think if the total World Class roster goes beyond 50 corps, the breakdown should be like this:

Prelims - All Corps

Quarterfinals - Top 40

Semifinals - Top 20

Finals - Top 12

Submitted by: Roselle Park Conquistadors

*Note-I cannot recall why the prelims was eliminated in the first place. If this proposal is completely out of line for whatever reason, feel free to omit it from vote.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abstain... this doesn't not affect my corps

As I recall, prelims were eliminated for 2 reasons:

1 because we had a small number of corps and didn't need it.

2 because of the programming- but that's easily changed by choosing whether or not to use live scores.

I'd like to support a revision to this one if the OP will accept it.

Restore prelims, but the corps that are seeded 1-12 going into finals week, as determined by average score at focus shows, are exempt from prelims and get a bye to the next round.

Prelims: Top 13 finishing corps advance to quarterfinals (25 total spots for quarters)

Quarterfinals: Top 17 corps advance to semis

Semis: Top 12 corps advance to finals

Yes - Give corps 2 more caption changes championship week (provided you advance). The only problem I have with the amendment is that purpose is to get more corps advancing and eliminating corps in a more even fasion. This would counter that.

I vote Nay.

The season's two months long. Get your #### together before Championship week; we don't need an extra show for people who didn't plan their captions right (like ME, this past season).

I vote Nay.

The season's two months long. Get your #### together before Championship week; we don't need an extra show for people who didn't plan their captions right (like ME, this past season).

I have to agree with this assessment as well. Though we are growing, people do need to get their acts together before-hand besides getting an additional chance. If they didn't get their acts together before the championships, chances are that they won't during championships.

Just my 2 cents.

FDO votes NAY.

I vote NO

Nar!