Rules Proposal 2

What say you?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How do you vote?

• Aye
    • Nay
    • Abstain

You MUST post your vote in order for it to count, polls close on Friday at 2:00 PM CST.

Rule Change: "DCPI Sweepstakes" Award

Rationale: Institute an award that would be contested at all 3 divisions. This rule change would institute a sweepstakes of shows that would award corps for victories and/or high finishes at select events that take place over the course of the season. Corps may choose to compete in some, all or none of the sweepstakes shows if they so choose.

The events would be:

1 major regional show (held before the Regional championships)

Regional Prelims

Regional Finals

All post-regional Focus Shows

Each round of DCPI championships

Points will be awarded to the top 6 finishers in each division at each show on the following basis

1st place: 10 points

2nd place: 6 points

3rd place: 4 points

4th place: 3 points

5th place: 2 points

6th place: 1 point

At the end of the season, the corps in each division wins a special sweepstakes award. This is intended to be separate from the DCPI championship award and is not intended to supercede that award.

Submitted by:Kadence

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye!

Makes early shows that much more important.

I am understanding these points would be different (meaning, not counting) from the bonus points received to manage our captions?

My proposal, so yes naturally.

The "points" gained from placing high in these competitions would not add to your caption total. They go in a separate "jar", so to speak.

Which means we'll need somebody to keep a "point standings" thread active, and/or a page on drumcorpsfantasy.com, to track point standings over the course of the season.

I'd also like to put in a revision that adds a GRAND CHAMPION classification, in addition to the other divisional champions. This would be open to the corps that has the highest point total at the end of the season regardless of their division. So a Class A corps that does very well could in theory beat a World Class corps that doesn't do as well. I'm using St. Pete Sound's nearly-undefeated season a few years back as the model for this to show it's possible.

Yes – Very similar to a “Most Consistent” award that I internally give to a corps that will well all season and may or may not have done well championship week.

(Anyone want to know details and winners PM me.)

Nay.

Not to be a snob, but it's a little "Bando"-ish, isn't it? :thumbup:

Why not, I'll give this one a shot.

FDO says YAY.

abstain

No.

We can do this on our own if someone wants to take the time to do it, but this shouldn't be in the rules.