The next NEW Percussion Champion will be...?

gumby5647

Which championship corps will win the percussion trophy next?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which championship corps will win the percussion trophy next?

• Madison Scouts on their rise back to the top
    • Phantom Regiment with Rennick

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah same here, i was sittin there before they performed quarterfinals the whole time and i heard no fuzz. I thought they sounded like any other top 12 line, or better. And last year was NOT the only year. what happened to 93? 94? 95? 96? If i am not mistaken they had it top notch. without question.

But I've also heard that Rennick gathered up his fellow North Texanians and put together their new line. I heard it was a big ### line and almost all of the players were from UNT.

I love madison, they are my home corps, i only live 1 1/2 hours away from madison, well rockford too if i think about it, but anyways, i usually dont like phantom, and its hard to say that im actually looking forward to see their line this summer.

Edited by CheezMaster

Phantom, mainly because I hope to march there next summer, but also because Rennick is a genius arranger and is deserving of so much more than other people give him credit for.

madison has had some serious studs in the past...Jeremy Kunkel, Pat Fitzgibbon, among others (drawing a blank) all were good leaders and i agree, they dont rock dirty, they just rock.

I mean would anyone honestly put 8 tenors on the field and not clean em up?

madison has had some serious studs in the past...Jeremy Kunkel, Pat Fitzgibbon, among others (drawing a blank) all were good leaders and i agree, they dont rock dirty, they just rock.

I mean would anyone honestly put 8 tenors on the field and not clean em up?

Well, Madison put 8 tenors on the field alright.

They were dirty as ####. Gross, actually.

On the other hand, Tom Float put 8 tenors on the field in 1990 and they were CRYSTAL clean.

But no, Madison didn't pull off anything special with that 8 man "shlock fest". It was practically offensive. ampssuck

Madison rocking dirty? perhaps they might not be the cleanest of lines but they play some really interesting stuff.

I'm going with Rennick on this one though. His writing is exemplary.

I Really liked Magic and Spirits Book too.

I just love all those little slurres and one handed press rolls the corps are playing now days.

The one handed ghost diddle thing is pretty cool too.

This year though I'm going to go with BD for sure...(C'mon 3 Odello's in one Bass line you cant touch that).

2004 I think Phantom will take it all!!!!!

Madison drumline? lol.... if they've ever "rocked" they've rocked dirty

As a young friend of mine used to say. "Screw you Hippy".

Not a drummer myself but go back and check the recaps during my era the late 70s, and see that Madisons line did indeed rock.

well.....it prolly won't be this year, after talking with Scott Johnson (BD Precussion head) two days ago, he told me this years drum line is better than any he has worked with in the last two decades...........heh

Every div. I caption head will tell you that right now. It's called optimism. Not to mention, their pit has had serious problems the past few years. The section as a whole hasn't exactly been stellar lately. They've been down (by their standards) since '97, so I'm gonna have to see it before I believe it.

Jim