The next NEW Percussion Champion will be...?

gumby5647

Which championship corps will win the percussion trophy next?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which championship corps will win the percussion trophy next?

• Madison Scouts on their rise back to the top
    • Phantom Regiment with Rennick

Every div. I caption head will tell you that right now. It's called optimism. Not to mention, their pit has had serious problems the past few years. The section as a whole hasn't exactly been stellar lately. They've been down (by their standards) since '97, so I'm gonna have to see it before I believe it.

Jim

no prob.....but when a friend of mine since we were 13 years old tells me something he has NEVER told me in that respect....I listen.......... :P

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds persuasive enough to me! I have always loved BD and they (meaning drumline) have really been judged lower these past few years and id LOVE to see them win a drum title. Haven't seen it since the Trouble show in 96 with the unbelievably high heights. Definitely wicked!!!!!!!!

well.....it prolly won't be this year, after talking with Scott Johnson (BD Precussion head) two days ago, he told me this years drum line is better than any he has worked with in the last two decades...........heh

If you saw RCC's winter line, you got a sneak peak at BD's snare and tenor line. If you didn't, I can tell you, those guys were bad to the bone.

But on the topic, I give a big edge to Phantom. Rennick has the midas touch on any drumline he desides to grace his presence with. And bringing in a bunch of UNT guys wont hurt a thing either. If memory serves, in 90, the UNT line pretty much split right down the middle...some to Devs...some to Phantom. That was a great year for both of those lines.

Man, if anybody watched RCC's video on the vic site, I'm sure they almost crapped their pants! I loved that snare break omg!!!! And the african drums were sooooo tight!!!!! If you haven't watched it, I highly recomend you go there and watch!!!!

I have to tell you honestly that i have seen every drumline SCV has produced since '68. This is the certainly the finest line they have ever produced. Murray has had these cats moved in since February and it shows big time. I was checking them out on family day with other alumni. The vibe in there groove has never rocked so hard. It left me stunned and speechless after they finished. There is not a chance anyone will touch them this year. That IS my official statement.

Mom

Plus check out their new snares with the sexy baffle gizmo's.

I have to tell you honestly that i have seen every drumline SCV has produced since '68. This is the certainly the finest line they have ever produced. Murray has had these cats moved in since February and it shows big time. I was checking them out on family day with other alumni. The vibe in there groove has never rocked so hard. It left me stunned and speechless after they finished. There is not a chance anyone will touch them this year. That IS my official statement.

Mom

Plus check out their new snares with the sexy baffle gizmo's.

yea....I did see them at their camp in Sacramento, they looked impressive, should be a great season for Drum Lines.........

I would like to See Madison, but I feel Phantom will

I think I agree with Sean... since this is about Madison and Phantom. I would love to see Madison pull it off first.

As for Mom and Rich... wow what an awesome year for West Coast Drum Corps for sure. It will be a tough choice for the judges this year b**bs glad I march and not judge.

Kimela

I'm going to have to agree with Rich on this.

I don't know Scott as well as Rich does but I know he wouldn't say that about any line. If Scott Say's they are a fine drumline then Look out!

Also from what little I have heard Cadets have a Good line too!

Section 2 Row 6..... oooohhh My Ears are Gonna be Ringing at the Hayward show!!!