2009 DCA Prelims Show - Live Thread

Hi everyone from the Press box at Marina Auto Stadium.

Prelims is just beginning with Shenandoah Sound

Scroll to thew bottom and watch how fast this thread fills with "users" and "guests.".......... the second biggest day of our year! YES!!!!! (almost said Y E A)

Joe

Edited by JoeDz

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone from the Press box at Marina Auto Stadium.

Prelims is just beginning with Shenandoah Sound

how many names does that stadium have?

We're having network issues at the stadium, hence the lack of updates. I've just connected via my iPhone so you'll get updates. Once the stadium gets it's network stable, you'll be seeing the other featured coverage we have planned for you.

Shenandoah Sound just finished their performance. It was an alien themed show, complete with the guard dressed as Men in Black, a guard member dressed as an alien, and musical quotes from Leave it to Beaver, Star Trek, and Xenu knows what else.

how many names does that stadium have?

As many as they want, I guess.

We're having network issues at the stadium, hence the lack of updates. I've just connected via my iPhone so you'll get updates. Once the stadium gets it's network stable, you'll be seeing the other featured coverage we have planned for you.

Shenandoah Sound just finished their performance. It was an alien themed show, complete with the guard dressed as Men in Black, a guard member dressed as an alien, and musical quotes from Leave it to Beaver, Star Trek, and Xenu knows what else.

Thank goodness for modern technology! What would we do without it! :cool:

Next on the field is Excelsior from Albany, New York, and Pittsfield, Massachucetts. Their 2009 program is entitled “Robin Hood” and consists of:

Robin Hood

Gregorian Chant

Everything I Do (from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves)

Arthur Is Born (from Mists of Avalon)

Mist of Avalon

Final Fanfare (from Robin Hood)

The drum line is in all white with red sashes, while the horns are in the standard Excelsior uniform. Pit is in all white only.

Show begins with drum line playing attacks, then building into a full book. Horns move from pods into a company front, then back away from the field as they start playing the main theme to Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves.

Sopranos have A LOT of volume on the first hit of the show, blew away the rest of the horn line.

Tempo comes down as the corps moves into Anything I do for a short time. Soprano soloist plays the melody, then the corps goes into the finish of the opener, coming up to the front of the field as they do so.

Silent drill to start the second piece.