Taipei Yuehfu Cancelling All Activities

Due to the outbreak of SARS in Taiwan, the Taipei Yuehfu Drum and Bugle Corps is cancelling all rehearsal activities for the remaining 2003 season. The corps' planned trip to Italy to participate in the 2003 World Championships for Marching Show Bands has also been cancelled.

The epidemic that came from China has not only caused social and economic impacts, but has also affected educational institutions. For the first time, the Ministry of Educaion decided to postpone the national high school entrance exam for six weeks. Almost twenty thousand students island-wide have to stay at home due to quarantine measures. Corps members from outside Taipei were discouraged from coming to rehearsal, since the situation is worst in Taipei City. The location of the corps hall and our rehearsal site are both situated in close proximity to two large hospitals that treat SARS patients; one of the hospitals being the main reason of an indigenous outbreak. Consequently, the corps' administrative staff has decided to temporarily suspend all corps activities.

Plans for the 2004 season cannot be confirmed until SARS is controlled. We hope to be able to return to the field in the near future. God bless us.

Due to the outbreak of SARS in Taiwan, the Taipei Yuehfu Drum and Bugle Corps is cancelling all rehearsal activities for the remaining 2003 season. The corps' planned trip to Italy to participate in the 2003 World Championships for Marching Show Bands has also been cancelled.

The epidemic that came from China has not only caused social and economic impacts, but has also affected educational institutions. For the first time, the Ministry of Educaion decided to postpone the national high school entrance exam for six weeks. Almost twenty thousand students island-wide have to stay at home due to quarantine measures. Corps members from outside Taipei were discouraged from coming to rehearsal, since the situation is worst in Taipei City. The location of the corps hall and our rehearsal site are both situated in close proximity to two large hospitals that treat SARS patients; one of the hospitals being the main reason of an indigenous outbreak. Consequently, the corps' administrative staff has decided to temporarily suspend all corps activities.

Plans for the 2004 season cannot be confirmed until SARS is controlled. We hope to be able to return to the field in the near future. God bless us.

Mapleseed,

I will keep you all in my prayers. Stay well and come back next year.. PLEASE! You have a great program and I think your corps is helping to promote better understanding through music -- both in your country/region and across the ocean.

Stefanie

A sad, but in my eyes a right descission. What is one single Drum Corps season in comparasion to a human life comming in possible danger, illness maybe death. My highest respect to the responsible management to make this descission. Wish you all the best in the future and I'm shure. As soon as the desease is under control, your corps is back on track and will show that Drum Corps is alive outside the US & Canada.

Take care

I watched Taipei Yuefu's DCI finals performance last year in Madison, WI.

WOW.

They performed a high energy, complex show with a sound not befitting a corps of their relatively small size. Their prescence was LOUD. I thouroughly enjoyed their show and I am sick that the SARS tragedy is so vast in it's scope and effect as to be such a liability to this drum corps that they had to make the painful decision not to field this year.

Looking forward to Taipei Yuefu's return.

Mapleseed and Taipei Yuefu,

It is a very disheartening and sad situation, but one I'm sure you'll prevail from. My prayers are with you all.

All the best,

Michoel