Cool Corps Name

Otto

Deja vu - The corps takes the field wearing "cookie-cutter" uniforms, Bb horns, amplification, talking, singing, dancing, prancing, and plays esoteric music no one has ever heard of.

Then, midway through the opener, the corps begins to march thru "the tunnel" on the back sideline at the 50 yd line. (ala SCV's trouser change)

As the corps emerges from the tunnel, it's like Deja vu all over again! (1$ to Yogi Berra) The uniform includes trousers with a stripe down each leg. The shoes are of a contrasting color. Satin blouses and cummerbunds abound! Bb horns have given way to bugles in the key of G. The snare line no longer sounds like woodpeckers on acid, trying to peck holes in a marble tabletop. Rather it's a warm, rich sound. The front ensemble mysteriously vanishes, only to somehow emerge from the tunnel as marching tymps, bells, and xylo, etc. The guard enters the tunnel with hula hoops wrapped with streamers, and exits the tunnel with rifles. Rifles that spin....TOGETHER. And toss.....Together. And catch.....TOGETHER!!! Last to emerge from the tunnel is the American flag section. (Yes, it's all starting to come back to me now.)

The corps builds a massive company front, pushes it forward in a wonderful Colors Presentation, and the crowd is so ecstatic, they douse the babies with lighter fluid and set them on fire before they throw them backward off the grandstands.

Yeah....that's what I'd call it. Deja vu

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deja vu - The corps takes the field wearing "cookie-cutter" uniforms, Bb horns, amplification, talking, singing, dancing, prancing, and plays esoteric music no one has ever heard of.

Then, midway through the opener, the corps begins to march thru "the tunnel" on the back sideline at the 50 yd line. (ala SCV's trouser change)

As the corps emerges from the tunnel, it's like Deja vu all over again! (1$ to Yogi Berra) The uniform includes trousers with a stripe down each leg. The shoes are of a contrasting color. Satin blouses and cummerbunds abound! Bb horns have given way to bugles in the key of G. The snare line no longer sounds like woodpeckers on acid, trying to peck holes in a marble tabletop. Rather it's a warm, rich sound. The front ensemble mysteriously vanishes, only to somehow emerge from the tunnel as marching tymps, bells, and xylo, etc. The guard enters the tunnel with hula hoops wrapped with streamers, and exits the tunnel with rifles. Rifles that spin....TOGETHER. And toss.....Together. And catch.....TOGETHER!!! Last to emerge from the tunnel is the American flag section. (Yes, it's all starting to come back to me now.)

The corps builds a massive company front, pushes it forward in a wonderful Colors Presentation, and the crowd is so ecstatic, they douse the babies with lighter fluid and set them on fire before they throw them backward off the grandstands.

BRILLIANT !...... :ph34r:

YESSSSSSS!!!!! Marching tymps!!! Count me in!

YESSSSSSS!!!!! Marching tymps!!! Count me in!

Have you ever tried it?

From the Port of Milwaukee, Bay View, Wisconsin....Commodore Perry's Men.

Playing all Royal Navy/ Royal Marine type music.

Ya' know....British sounding stuff.

Edited by BigDale

Have you ever tried it?

Yes I have, but not with today's drill styles. I also own 5, and my aluminum 20" is very light.

Yes I have, but not with today's drill styles. I also own 5, and my aluminum 20" is very light.

I marched a 26" almost 35 years ago. I know you will have a good time. :ph34r:

I marched a 26" almost 35 years ago. I know you will have a good time. :ph34r:

Cool!! Yeah, my 26"s are fiberglass, and they do seem to get heavier every year, cause my darned body is feeling it's age. But for me, there is nothing cooler than marching tymps.

"Free Beer, you may take the field for competition."

Heh..... late 1980's, there was a bar band at the Jerey Shore named Free Beer. LOL

Fran