Which 2009 World Class Finalist will not repeat?

Geneva

Ahh yes, none of the 3-5 corps from this year will ever be able to break into the drum corps elite and compete with Carolina Crown

You're taking what I said out of context.

I'm saying, in my opinion*****, in 2010, the title will be between Devs and Crown. Thats not to say that Cadets, Cavaliers, or Regiment/SCV won't win in another year, or they won't win IN 2010, I'm just saying that I THINK that it will be just Devs and Crown in 2010.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saying, in my opinion*****, in 2010, the title will be between Devs and Crown. Thats not to say that Cadets, Cavaliers, or Regiment/SCV won't win in another year, or they won't win IN 2010, I'm just saying that I THINK that it will be just Devs and Crown in 2010.

and in my opinion writing off the corps that have won 2/3rds of the championships in the past 15 years is silly. Especially for a corps that has never won a championship.

So I recognized that you were stating your opinion. I just think your opinion is wrong.

Ahh yes, none of the 3-5 corps from this year will ever be able to break into the drum corps elite and compete with Carolina Crown

Crown honk that I am -- this made even me chuckle! Besides who says BD is will be in the top 3 ? It will be CC and Madison with a lock on the top 2 spots.

...back to the thread....

I think some folks are WAY to excited about Madison if they think the staff change are an automatic ticket to finals in one year. I do think they will be better next year but lots of other corps may improve as well. So in response the OP -- nobody !

If you're looking for math or something from me - ain't gonna happen! I base this opinion on my knowledge and experience of how much of an impact a really strong staff can make. Madison was not an untalented corps last year, so they are not starting off from zero, plus new talent will be added and they will all be trained by a group who has produced championship shows. Although, as a unit, they haven't produced a field show in a while, they have been working together on shows of strong demand for over a decade and I think it leads to a high probability that they can train this group of kids to a level that could at least make 12th place. I mean, they weren't THAT far away from that this year.

fair enough, I think the staff is most important, so I agree that Madison has a good shot... I was just curious as to your number :sleeping:

Stop while you're ahead. How can you predict the winner of next year, or even who the top two will be, now? Completely ridiculous speculation.

Stop while you're ahead. How can you predict the winner of next year, or even who the top two will be, now? Completely ridiculous speculation.

There is no guarantee Madison will make finals. On paper yes, they signed some big staff names but that guarantees nothing and being very disrespectful of corps like Troopers and BK. It will all be decided on the field starting in June. Madison is in the mix but there are alot of corps in contention such as Crossmen, Spirit and Colts in addition to Madison.

If you're looking for math or something from me - ain't gonna happen! I base this opinion on my knowledge and experience of how much of an impact a really strong staff can make. Madison was not an untalented corps last year, so they are not starting off from zero, plus new talent will be added and they will all be trained by a group who has produced championship shows. Although, as a unit, they haven't produced a field show in a while, they have been working together on shows of strong demand for over a decade and I think it leads to a high probability that they can train this group of kids to a level that could at least make 12th place. I mean, they weren't THAT far away from that this year.

They were pretty bad this year. DVD has a great track record and, if the members fully buy in and commit, they will eventually be a much better horn line. However, their technique has a long way to go. None of the new staff mentioned is known for one year miracle turnarounds.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done to rebuild the foundation of this corps with sound technique in all sections, not to mention a design team that needs to learn to work together and understand the caliber of show next year's marching members will be able to perform. My guess is they'll be better next year, and significantly better the year after. I wouldn't be punching my ticket to Finals just yet, however.

And people were saying the same thing about Phantom and BD for 2009 in the off season ... and look what happened with Phantom. Pretty ridiculous to write off other corps, especially in the off season.

Edited by dcsnare93

I think people should chill, everyone knows at this point that there's no guarantee Madison will make finals or that BD and Crown will fight for top 2. It's just fun guessing cause you're right, IT'S SEPTEMBER, there's nothing else to talk about besides guessing and staff updates and speculation.

Here's a fun little wrinkle, assume that one or two other corps besides Madison get in to finals.

A - Who will they be?

B - Who goes out?

Thats another topic .