Guess what I'm watching now?

Eat your hearts out old timers... guess what I just watched? Black and White but not bad... very watchable AND the sound is pretty darn good...

I just received a DVD with both the Sr. portion of the 1967 Legion Nationals Mudfest in Fenway Park - featuring Hurcs, Cabs, Cru, Brigs - My avatar was taken by Moe Knox at this show...

AND

The entire 1967 CYO Nationals at Boston College featuring:

Position Corps Score

1 Boston Crusaders 88.080

2 Cavaliers 84.830

3 Blessed Sacrament 84.760

4 Garfield Cadets 81.630

5 Royal Airs 80.860

6 St. Lucy's Cadets 80.050

7 Blue Rock 78.500

8 St. Mary's Cardinals 77.780

9 St. Joseph's of Batavia 76.810

10 Saint Kevin's Emerald Knights 75.160

11 Toronto Optimists 74.800

12 Muchachos 74.680

13 IC Reveries 74.230

14 Bpt. PAL Cadets 71.680

This is like reliving history... my thanks so much to Steve Guadnagnino for providing it to me... So now we know this exists... I will find a way to get it to key people for historical preservation.

1967...the year that St Joe's was 2nd in the World...(World Open), 4th in the country (AL nationals); and 9th in the Catholic Church (CYO). LOL...

DA

and when you see this... you'll wonder even more... is that Joey Eduardo out front Donnie?

Eat your hearts out old timers... guess what I just watched? Black and White but not bad... very watchable AND the sound is pretty darn good...

I just received a DVD with both the Sr. portion of the 1967 Legion Nationals Mudfest in Fenway Park - featuring Hurcs, Cabs, Cru, Brigs - My avatar was taken by Moe Knox at this show...

AND

The entire 1967 CYO Nationals at Boston College featuring:

Position Corps Score

1 Boston Crusaders 88.080

2 Cavaliers 84.830

3 Blessed Sacrament 84.760

4 Garfield Cadets 81.630

5 Royal Airs 80.860

6 St. Lucy's Cadets 80.050

7 Blue Rock 78.500

8 St. Mary's Cardinals 77.780

9 St. Joseph's of Batavia 76.810

10 Saint Kevin's Emerald Knights 75.160

11 Toronto Optimists 74.800

12 Muchachos 74.680

13 IC Reveries 74.230

14 Bpt. PAL Cadets 71.680

This is like reliving history... my thanks so much to Steve Guadnagnino for providing it to me... So now we know this exists... I will find a way to get it to key people for historical preservation.

Tom,

Any chance that the CYO disc could be copied and purchased by those of us with an involvement in that show?

I had aged out of St. Mary's some years before, but I was working with them on their drill in '67 and, because BC stadium didn't have permanent lights at the time, I was working with the temporary lighting company that did the lighting for so many N.E. area drum corps shows.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Andy

Tom,

Any chance that the CYO disc could be copied and purchased by those of us with an involvement in that show?

I had aged out of St. Mary's some years before, but I was working with them on their drill in '67 and, because BC stadium didn't have permanent lights at the time, I was working with the temporary lighting company that did the lighting for so many N.E. area drum corps shows.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Andy

I'm not into selling anything... all I know is that the original given to a friend from someone in Canada... That being said, I am interested in preserving history... my hope would be to put each corps up on a web site somewhere where anyone with interest could watch or maybe even download... I will work on that and keep everyone posted...

Edited by TomPeashey

Tom,

Please advise.

Thanks,

Andy

Hey Andy and Tom,

I think the DVD you're discussing is available from Drum Corps World-its a 4 disc set. I've had one for a year or so. It has a b&w photo of the Hurcs drum line on the front and includes the senior portion of the 1967 Boston AL Nats along with some of the Jrs. It also has some of the Jrs. from the CYO Nats in Boston 2 days later. Some of the corps are not available on the original videotape from CYO, but I think the missing ones are included in the AL Nats. If its not available any more-let me know.

Gary

Hey Andy and Tom,

I think the DVD you're discussing is available from Drum Corps World-its a 4 disc set. I've had one for a year or so. It has a b&w photo of the Hurcs drum line on the front and includes the senior portion of the 1967 Boston AL Nats along with some of the Jrs. It also has some of the Jrs. from the CYO Nats in Boston 2 days later. Some of the corps are not available on the original videotape from CYO, but I think the missing ones are included in the AL Nats. If its not available any more-let me know.

Gary

In fact, I think its the pictured DVD at the top of this page-[on the top right]

Gary

Here is the listing/description from the Drum Corps World store:

Product Details

A rare find in drum corps history!

A four-DVD set of 18 performances from the 1967 season.

Canadian and overseas shipments will be sent via Air Mail and insured.

Please allow up to six weeks for delivery. These DVDs are made up one at a time. They are not mass-produced and on a warehouse shelf.

Download a PDF order form you can use to order through the mail or to fax your order to our office.

PLEASE NOTE: This material was originally recorded by Mike Rounds for the Velvet Knights as an educational tool to be used by the members prior to their traveling outside California the following season. He used a Sony beta, reel-to-reel machine, restoring and preserving the 39-year-old masters to DVD format in 2005. The original reel-to-reel videotapes lost some quality over the last 39 years, so portions of the material contained on these discs is not great, but it is all we have. We hope you understand that it is better than not having these performances at all. The American Legion tapes are in better condition than the CYO Nationals tapes.

1967 American Legion Nationals

Boston, MA - August 27, 1967 Senior corps finals

81.983 - Connecticut Hurricanes, Derby, CT

80.333 - Hawthorne Caballeros, Hawthorne, NJ

76.500 - Grey Knight Crusaders, Rochester, NY

75.500 - Syracuse Brigadiers, Syracuse, NY

�

Junior corps finals

83.433 - Chicago Cavaliers, Chicago, IL

83.000 - Boston Crusaders, Boston, MA

79.800 - Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights, Newark, NJ

79.716 - St. Joseph�s of Batavia, Batavia, NY

77.983 - St. Lucy�s Cadets, Newark, NJ

77.633 - St. Mary�s Cardinals, Beverly, MA

75.733 - St. Kevin�s Emerald Knights, Dorchester, MA

�

1967 CYO Nationals

Boston, MA - August 29, 1967

81.63 - 4th - Garfield Cadets, Garfield, NJ

80.86 - 5th - Chicago Royal Airs, Chicago, IL

77.78 - 7th - Blue Rock, Wilmington, DE

74.80 - 10th - Toronto Optimists, Toronto, ONT

74.68 - 11th - Muchachos, Hawthorne, NJ

74.23 - 12th - I.C. Reveries, Revere, MA

71.68 - 13th - Bridgeport PAL Cadets, Bridgeport, CT

Video of the Boston Crusaders (1st, 88.080); Chicago Cavaliers (2nd, 84.830); Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights (3rd, 84.760); St. Lucy�s Cadets (6th, 78.500); St. Joseph�s of Batavia (8th, 76.810); and St. Kevin�s Emerald Knights (9th, 75.160) is unavailable from this competition.

yes, just spoke with Steve - we seem to be dealing with the same original product, but mine is different... it's the 4 seniors from Legion Fenway Park... but all 14 juniors seem to be CYO as you have portable lighting in Boston College Stadium back then... great stuff... check it out on drum corps world...