Madison's Entire Staff Now In Place

Unfortunately, it IS true. Madison will be without a cymbal line this year. I first heard it directly from Pepper herself, then I contacted Chris Komnick for confirmation. They made the decision TODAY not to field a cymbal line. They are working hard to find other places for those four young men in our corps in hopes they remain part of the brotherhood. According to Chris, "This is primarily being driven as a function of major instrumentation changes in the horn line and the decision of the percussion arrangers about how best to orchestrate a competitive percussion book."

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSNBC is thus able to bring the Madison cymbal line rumor to a" crashing " end.

That's 1 Dollar in the pun jar for you Mr. BRASSO. :blink:

...there are no safe predictions in DCI.

Except this one; The fans always win, and INT will be somewhere in the middle. :blink:

I will "officially" confirm that the Madison Scouts will not be marching a cymbal line in 2010. We wanted to talk to each of the four members of last year's line before saying anything publicly, but DCP has trumped us on that. This was a very difficult decision to make and we are exploring opportunities for those members in other sections of the corps. While I understand that this decision may not be popular, it is being driven by the professional opinion of those who I have tasked with the job of making the corps competitively successful.

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

Madison Scouts

I will "officially" confirm that the Madison Scouts will not be marching a cymbal line in 2010. We wanted to talk to each of the four members of last year's line before saying anything publicly, but DCP has trumped us on that. This was a very difficult decision to make and we are exploring opportunities for those members in other sections of the corps. While I understand that this decision may not be popular, it is being driven by the professional opinion of those who I have tasked with the job of making the corps competitively successful.

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

Madison Scouts

Sounds good to me...I dont see how you could hire a staff like that and then ignore their recommendations

Oh, and it was your guys that spilled the beans on the secret....just saying :blink:

Sounds good to me...I dont see how you could hire a staff like that and then ignore their recommendations

Oh, and it was your guys that spilled the beans on the secret....just saying :blink:

I'm told that at least two of those "guys that spilled the beans" here on DCP, are guys that marched cymbal with Madison last year......Here's to hoping they find another position within the Scouts and that they're doing OK after the news!

I'm told that at least two of those "guys that spilled the beans" here on DCP, are guys that marched cymbal with Madison last year......Here's to hoping they find another position within the Scouts and that they're doing OK after the news!

Yeah, i've always wondered what that must be like.....such as years when a guard switches from coed to all male / female....

They are working hard to find other places for those four young men in our corps in hopes they remain part of the brotherhood.

A few years ago, the Scouts used a number of percussionists in the color guard in the "Conquistador" show. There is always that type of opportunity depending on what the designers want to do.

Unfortunately, it IS true. Madison will be without a cymbal line this year. I first heard it directly from Pepper herself, then I contacted Chris Komnick for confirmation. They made the decision TODAY not to field a cymbal line. They are working hard to find other places for those four young men in our corps in hopes they remain part of the brotherhood. According to Chris, "This is primarily being driven as a function of major instrumentation changes in the horn line and the decision of the percussion arrangers about how best to orchestrate a competitive percussion book."

1. "Major instrumentation changes"? Does that mean saxophones? Or maybe Whosaphones? Are they going back to valveless G-bugles?

2. "How best to orchestrate a competitive percussion book". I guess this means "we can make cymbal sounds on the synth now".