The history of the Westshoremen

So W, what else do we need to cover with 82? Some of Eric's rants were priceless!! :worthy:

have we even touched on finals weekend?

I don't think we're close to finals...I think we stalled around Verdun.

(edit: yeah, we were talking about "Canadia")

Edited by Jaminbenb

I don't think we're close to finals...I think we stalled around Verdun.

(edit: yeah, we were talking about "Canadia")

Speaking of Canada... I DO remember hanging out with Sun's tomline after we came off the field when they announced the scores...In third...Westshoremen! (Sun's one tom player: "sorry!") In second place..The Sunrisers! (Me to the same guy "sorry!") Sky won the show, none of us knew how, but...so far Hurcs won the regional (and got the stupid medals) and Sky won in Canada?!?! I had my doubts about going the distance since the first show (which always sat in the back of my mind as a fluke) (not that I was complaining about our run) but why all of a sudden NOW? Yeah, I was involved, and had those "we're supposed to get better every week" thoughts, but who knew? I DO know a lot of people were on the "Ok, time to start screwing Westshore" bandwagon, but THIRD?!?!

Winning at Clifton was absolutely no fluke. Will explain later. Lead with HPD proved false, trying to take some missing items/reward offered posters I made last night over to the apartments across from Cap City airport the guy had "friends" at and stashed his stolen food at as well. Maybe someone will cough up the stuff no questions asked for a few bucks.

The early season was no fluke. There were problems baecause of it, which as a judge I have really come to understand as I got older and judged more and understood some of the dynamics that were afoot that weren't really anyone's fault. If anything was at fault, the massive early season success was. I believe Ream knows what I'm thinking. He's likely been in this situation with some of the groups he's worked with.

Winning at Clifton was absolutely no fluke. Will explain later. Lead with HPD proved false, trying to take some missing items/reward offered posters I made last night over to the apartments across from Cap City airport the guy had "friends" at and stashed his stolen food at as well. Maybe someone will cough up the stuff no questions asked for a few bucks.

The early season was no fluke. There were problems baecause of it, which as a judge I have really come to understand as I got older and judged more and understood some of the dynamics that were afoot that weren't really anyone's fault. If anything was at fault, the massive early season success was. I believe Ream knows what I'm thinking. He's likely been in this situation with some of the groups he's worked with.

I think I know where you're going, but after the fact I look back and tend to think that the staff had a "it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude, and we just attempted to clean what was there, and not enhance, refine, and keep it fresh... But I'll hang up and listen to your answer before I go any further...

I think I know where you're going, but after the fact I look back and tend to think that the staff had a "it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude, and we just attempted to clean what was there, and not enhance, refine, and keep it fresh... But I'll hang up and listen to your answer before I go any further...

It was partly that but more, much more. When you're not getting any input from panels other than, "You're winning huge, it's great, just keep doing what you're doing...." How do you "improve the program" when you're not getting any real guidance from the panel as to what and where the issues need to be addressed because you're so far in front of everyone in almost every which way? Just some food for thought. I have some stories about THAT issue over the years.... :cool:

It was partly that but more, much more. When you're not getting any input from panels other than, "You're winning huge, it's great, just keep doing what you're doing...." How do you "improve the program" when you're not getting any real guidance from the panel as to what and where the issues need to be addressed because you're so far in front of everyone in almost every which way? Just some food for thought. I have some stories about THAT issue over the years.... :cool:

Yeah, I don't discount that...I just remember viewing things with blue colored glasses in those days... and didn't want to believe that there were people with the audacity to be better than us that year.

I'll catchup later.

I just found out Ron Beyer passed away....I dont know any details. I'll post when I do

I'll catchup later.

I just found out Ron Beyer passed away....I dont know any details. I'll post when I do

Ron Beyer? refresh the memory banks when you can?