The history of the Westshoremen

Dub, wanted to make it Sunday, but got stuck at Rules Congress

YOUNG Elvis was important....anything after he left Nashville is crud! When it comes down to brass tacks, Elvis wasn't "rock and roll" he was country. Tell anyone in Nashville anything different and they'll shoot you! I learned that when I took a tour of the Country Music HoF, and visited the studio he recorded in...Li'l ol' lady that worked there told me that and when I said "but I think he was known as the King of Rock and Roll" she said "hush yo mouth, he was country and if you don't believe me we can shoot you for spreading rumors, it's legal here" :thumbup:

She scared the living ba-jeezis out of me because she was SERIOUS when she said that! :blink:

One could also argue he was a bit gospel too.

Blame a lot on his lack of great music after he came back from the Army on Tom Parker. When he did get good material, he did chart well/ Burnin' Love/Suspicious Minds. But the movies, while lucrative, really stifled him.

Dub, wanted to make it Sunday, but got stuck at Rules Congress

What your Dad told me. I know you've been really tied up with all of the Chaper 6 intrigue, etc.

Many people came, good people. Cabs also represented.

To fill in some people here more on Ron Beyer, he also was a Mellophone for Westshore in the late 80's, and was also the Director for a time in the early 90's. Spanned many years of involvement in the activity as a performer, administrator, and with NJA. John Harris grad too!

One could also argue he was a bit gospel too.

Blame a lot on his lack of great music after he came back from the Army on Tom Parker. When he did get good material, he did chart well/ Burnin' Love/Suspicious Minds. But the movies, while lucrative, really stifled him.

The lady said that was where he got his start...she also said that there are tapes that exist of songs from before they messed with things that are so raw you wouldn't know it was him, but they were deep in his country roots and you can see why they pegged him with the King of RnR tag. The only thing she played us was a copy of the original tape of "Are You Lonesome Tonight", and explained how he did it in he studio with no light except for a single candle and you could hear where he bumped into the mic at one point and chuckled during the tune.

Not being much of a country music fan, I really enjoyed the Country Music HoF as much as the RnR Hof!

One thing I forgot to tell Jeff...I wore a Rush shirt when I visited the RnR HoF! :thumbup: (there's a picture of me in it on my FB page)

They need to make a Drum Corps Hall of Fame Museum!

YOUNG Elvis was important....anything after he left Nashville is crud! When it comes down to brass tacks, Elvis wasn't "rock and roll" he was country. Tell anyone in Nashville anything different and they'll shoot you! I learned that when I took a tour of the Country Music HoF, and visited the studio he recorded in...Li'l ol' lady that worked there told me that and when I said "but I think he was known as the King of Rock and Roll" she said "hush yo mouth, he was country and if you don't believe me we can shoot you for spreading rumors, it's legal here" :thumbup:

She scared the living ba-jeezis out of me because she was SERIOUS when she said that! :blink:

Guess you didn't ask if it he kicked the bucket while on the crapper eh... :devil: Sounds like something from the weird ###ed cartoon "Squidbillies". .. Dougal County, GA...

Years back I was at work in Portsmouth, NH and saw their "Strawberry Bank" historic area that has buildings going back to 1700 or so. Back story is it was the Portmouth slum area and it was cheaper to rent out the old ### houses instead of building new. Made the mistake of saying it reminded me of Colonial Willamsburg. Got 30 seconds of "we have ORIGINAL buildings.... theirs are REBUILT COPIES...." etc, etc. ##### though I was gonna get my butt dumped in the Portsmouth harbor or Piscataway (thought Susquehanna was bad) River. Later I found out the whole area was almost bulldozed over in the 1960s in the name of urban renewal. Hell it's Allison Hill without the people and the trash picked up....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Guess you didn't ask if it he kicked the bucket while on the crapper eh... :devil: Sounds like something from the weird ###ed cartoon "Squidbillies". .. Dougal County, GA...

Years back I was at work in Portsmouth, NH and saw their "Strawberry Bank" historic area that has buildings going back to 1700 or so. Back story is it was the Portmouth slum area and it was cheaper to rent out the old ### houses instead of building new. Made the mistake of saying it reminded me of Colonial Willamsburg. Got 30 seconds of "we have ORIGINAL buildings.... theirs are REBUILT COPIES...." etc, etc. ##### though I was gonna get my butt dumped in the Portsmouth harbor or Piscataway (thought Susquehanna was bad) River. Later I found out the whole area was almost bulldozed over in the 1960s in the name of urban renewal. Hell it's Allison Hill without the people and the trash picked up....

I wasn't going to go there! Maybe if I ever go to Graceland :devil: "So where's the toilet where he bit it?" Who was the dum bass who flushed? :doh:

Funny thing about this country, 50% of the time when someone wants to "preserve" something they tear it down, and rebuild it to exacting specifications...and that's for stuff that's roughly 200-250 years old.....Go to Europe and #### is like 500-1000 years old and it's STILL standing! :blink:

Edited by Jaminbenb

What your Dad told me. I know you've been really tied up with all of the Chaper 6 intrigue, etc.

Many people came, good people. Cabs also represented.

To fill in some people here more on Ron Beyer, he also was a Mellophone for Westshore in the late 80's, and was also the Director for a time in the early 90's. Spanned many years of involvement in the activity as a performer, administrator, and with NJA. John Harris grad too!

no real intrigue...just requires a lot of hours to do it right.

and correction...Ron carried a mello. he was ordered never to play. was also in the guardin the 60s and 70s

The lady said that was where he got his start...she also said that there are tapes that exist of songs from before they messed with things that are so raw you wouldn't know it was him, but they were deep in his country roots and you can see why they pegged him with the King of RnR tag. The only thing she played us was a copy of the original tape of "Are You Lonesome Tonight", and explained how he did it in he studio with no light except for a single candle and you could hear where he bumped into the mic at one point and chuckled during the tune.

Not being much of a country music fan, I really enjoyed the Country Music HoF as much as the RnR Hof!

One thing I forgot to tell Jeff...I wore a Rush shirt when I visited the RnR HoF! :thumbup: (there's a picture of me in it on my FB page)

They need to make a Drum Corps Hall of Fame Museum!

DCI is actually working on the museum thing. DCW just donated their entire picture library to them.

as for the RnR HOF....i wouldn't giive em my money

DCI is actually working on the museum thing. DCW just donated their entire picture library to them.

as for the RnR HOF....i wouldn't giive em my money

My only problem with that is DCI isn't all that there ever was?!?!?!

Hopefully they make it ALL of drum corps, and not just juniors....yeah, it's bigger, and all that, but it's roots go DEEPER!

My only problem with that is DCI isn't all that there ever was?!?!?!

Hopefully they make it ALL of drum corps, and not just juniors....yeah, it's bigger, and all that, but it's roots go DEEPER!

DCI seems to be opening up to all aspects of the activity