The history of the Westshoremen

DCI seems to be opening up to all aspects of the activity

Let's hope.....heck, you could open up a museum with stuff from the old Dream show alone! I have a program somewhere from one of the milestone years, that has a LOT of historical pictures and info in it. I was able to see one of the last ones in Roosevelt Stadium, what a cool place! :thumbup:

Let's hope.....heck, you could open up a museum with stuff from the old Dream show alone! I have a program somewhere from one of the milestone years, that has a LOT of historical pictures and info in it. I was able to see one of the last ones in Roosevelt Stadium, what a cool place! :thumbup:

thumbup.gifthumbup.gif That is was....

When I see Pepe again and he asks "Did'ca eva march da Dream" I can say "Why yes, I did!"

Heck, I even know what a "Dundalk" is! w00t.gif

I marched da Dream but only after it moved to Rutgas. At least Ben and I can say we won one of them. :thumbup:

Jeff mentioned Ron wasn't allowed to play in the late '80's- the one pic of him at the gathering showed him performing in that late 80's era in uniform, and he pretended very well then. :worthy:

I know things like that happened at least into the early '90's. I think Sky '92 had some really new folks on board for prelims. The one comment I remember about that run was that there was some "bumper people" going on out there, I'll keep the source of that for the party in Hanover. :shutup:

I know the Cabs BITD had some guys called the "Super-subs" who could get into the show and fill holes when necessary for them. IIRC pretty capable and experienced old-schooler guys, too.

I know Mom Rohrbach even did a performance run with us early season at Yale in '83 to fill a hole. Gutsy run, too.

Edited by BigW

I know Mom Rohrbach even did a performance run with us early season at Yale in '83 to fill a hole. Gutsy run, too.

Anyone hear from Mom anytime recently? Last I heard... this was a few years ago... is that she had either moved back, or was thinking of moving back, to PA.

She was a wonderful lady.

I marched da Dream but only after it moved to Rutgas. At least Ben and I can say we won one of them. :thumbup:

Yeah 1982 Dream at Rutgers (I was at 1978 in JC...awesome show!) ....I don't recall what years after they left Jersey City that they had juniors performing, I THINK they did it every other year due to DCI scheduling...IIRC, 81 was the first away from Jersey City and I think it was junior-less, and it was at Giants Stadium...Corps Reps isn't really helping much with it after that....they don't list '79, but I don't know for sure...I'll have to try to dig out my program to see what year it was and what was listed....

I will NOT set foot in that building until Rush is in.

Dont! I went 9 years ago when I played in Cleveland. What to do on a Saturday afternoon in Cleveland? Go to the rock and roll hall of fame... Yeah right! They had BRITNEY SPEARS stage costume(s) on display!! and the Backstreet Boys, as well. I wanted my money back. :devil:

Dont! I went 9 years ago when I played in Cleveland. What to do on a Saturday afternoon in Cleveland? Go to the rock and roll hall of fame... Yeah right! They had BRITNEY SPEARS stage costume(s) on display!! and the Backstreet Boys, as well. I wanted my money back. :devil:

Years ago we went to the Hard Rock in Baltimore. Music they played sucked but around the corner from the entrance (IOW hidden) was a guitar signed by Lemmy Killmister of Motorhead.

Signature stared out: "Hey ###holes..." and I laughed too hard to read the rest.

Weird two items I caught on Verizons Music Choice channels....

1) Jaggerz (one hit wonder "The Rapper" ca 1970) has an exhibit at the State Museum in Harrisburg. :blink:

2) Mecco (Meco?) the schmuck who had the Disco Star Wars hit and later did "Time Machine" (remember Ben) that killed his career is from Johnsonburg, PA. Ugh... bad RCA show memories there with cops and J-burg Diplomats.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Bill Ives has a ton of historical stuff.....DCI let him set it up in the basement of the Thunder Dome in 2010. Dunno about last year

Jeff mentioned Ron wasn't allowed to play in the late '80's- the one pic of him at the gathering showed him performing in that late 80's era in uniform, and he pretended very well then. :worthy:

I know things like that happened at least into the early '90's. I think Sky '92 had some really new folks on board for prelims. The one comment I remember about that run was that there was some "bumper people" going on out there, I'll keep the source of that for the party in Hanover. :shutup:

I know the Cabs BITD had some guys called the "Super-subs" who could get into the show and fill holes when necessary for them. IIRC pretty capable and experienced old-schooler guys, too.

Hell it happens now in some places

Yeah 1982 Dream at Rutgers (I was at 1978 in JC...awesome show!) ....I don't recall what years after they left Jersey City that they had juniors performing, I THINK they did it every other year due to DCI scheduling...IIRC, 81 was the first away from Jersey City and I think it was junior-less, and it was at Giants Stadium...Corps Reps isn't really helping much with it after that....they don't list '79, but I don't know for sure...I'll have to try to dig out my program to see what year it was and what was listed....

79 may have been the famous rain out where Bayonne performed in their raincoats and nothing else