The history of the Westshoremen

LOL... irony is his wife is our dogs groomer so we've got an "in" with her..... was just there yesterday with the dog and the credit card....

Weird part is the guest minister this weekend is from our previous church. She started there after we left and understand inherited a real mess.......

LOL... irony is his wife is our dogs groomer so we've got an "in" with her..... was just there yesterday with the dog and the credit card....

Weird part is the guest minister this weekend is from our previous church. She started there after we left and understand inherited a real mess.......

well if she administrates like she preaches, she fixed the place!

She was there 2 years and another minister came in. City church going downhill like other city churches that had only 2 ministers in 40 years. Everything was the same for decades with cliques etc. Then guy before Pastor Liz made "changes" and that went over like lead balloon to what was left of the older members. Part of the reason e were not sorry to transfer, plus Trinity had more going on besides Sunday services and not much else.

Oh yeah this was the church where I was VP on council for two years. So I head a bunch of crap some directed at me... But we left about 2-3 years before she came in..

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Been playing at Trinity UMC on Bridge Street, N.C. off and on and even helping out with the singing here and there as well.

Great situation there. Working on a solo when I have time, which isn't much right now.

Jim, if you'd be up for a duet or something, I'm game, man. I think Dan would be thrilled- he's been really casting the nest wide for sacred music from every direction and the congregations really into it and very appreciative.

Thanks W but my playing days are gone for now. Maybe after I semi-retire around 2020.....

• 4 months later...

Holy disappearing acts Batman, where did everyone go?

The question is Scott, Where did you go? Been thinking about you for quite awhile and hope you're okay.

Ran into John Stauffer at the Turkey Hill up near 22/39, he's looking great!

More later on something a tad exciting for me, been waiting about 20 years or more to get a hold of something like this and it's not a British-style Baritone, either. :laugh:

Hmm, lately, been listening/watching 1999 Blue Knights ending with the Gregson Partita and final run of Trittico, and the final segment of 2003 Phantom, the Bartok number. Yeah, I like Bartok.

Just to throw something out there on that Bartok number- the percussion feature is very simply yet so wonderfully staged. No rocket science involved, Tenors and snares beautifully shuffled around at the right moments, really adds to the excitement where I'm concerned. No links as per DCP policy... it's not that hard to find. And the Euphonium section, monstrous. The clarity on all of those sit your butt on the keyboard and see what happens chords, wow.

Which leads me to... maybe some drill design people need to be tied to a chair and watch that about 50 times to get it burned into their brains sometimes elegant and simple solutions to the problem are the best way to go about it? Last year's guy at CV seemed to have that figured out, I'll give him that in spades. :satisfied:

it is with deep regret...I share this news... Bruce Bolich passed away early this morning as a result of pneumonia and a stomach infection. Heartborken another brother has been lost...a good , funny friend who could play a mean contra !  RIP buddy ! 

I remember one of the first times I met him, he and Buddy and few other of the Milton crew had just pulled up in a car and when he opened the door to get out? beer cans clattered onto the CVHS parking lot...always a laugh and smile to be shared...this sucks...loosing my corps family !  xxoo

Edited by boomboom

RIP, Bruce.

You're right, Ruth... we are losing too many.