The history of the Westshoremen

22 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

kids today hear stories of McShane and wonder how he made it to 30 LOL

all that diving he did certainly had something to do with it

On 3/3/2017 at 10:47 PM, buzzgok said:

Not sure if Wolf's bus lines would have been able to handle another like McShane.  Gotta admit though, he was quality entertainment!

I don't remember Tom ever doing anything damaging in a bus unlike the incident on Bus 2/Ogre Bus with the can of shaving cream, which Tom had nothing to with. :blink:

Edited by BigW
spelling

On 3/5/2017 at 3:17 PM, BigW said:

I don't remember Tom ever doing anything damaging in a bus unlike the incident on Bus 2/Ogre Bus with the can of shaving cream, which Tom had nothing to with. :blink:

Well, there almost was a flood a time or two due to styrofoam coolers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, buzzgok said:

Well, there almost was a flood a time or two due to styrofoam coolers.

He certainly elevated cooler diving to an art form.  :tongue:

8 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

He certainly elevated cooler diving to an art form.  :tongue:

I still remember the first time Tree who sat in front of the shi**er on the bus, lifted up the lid on his cooler and yelled "hey, McShane, I could use a Genny cream ale."  Here comes McShane running on top of the rest of the coolers and dove into Tree's cooler and came up with a Genny cream ale in each hand.  I sat there and thought to myself, this is gonna be a great ride with this corps!

I remember one night on City Island after it had rained, McShane took his diving ability to a whole new level.  He stripped down to his tighty whitey's and dove into a puddle in the middle of the parking lot, proceeded to swim around slowly, rolled over on his back and did a slow back stroke.  When he stood up, that was when everyone noticed the racing stripe he had from front to back.

Well, it was a known thing about Styrofoam coolers and that they never held up on a bus for more than a weekend at best. People were warned, and if they didn't listen, so be it.

Again, for anyone outside the activity reading this, Drum Corps took place during all of this. Just a rather pointed reminder that amongst all the buffoonery and goofball incidents, the Westshoremen beat everyone in DCA at least once at Finals during the 1979 to 1983 period and placed no worse than sixth (yeah, Bucs, Cabs, Sky, Empire, Sun, Hurcs, so on and so forth....). Tom could play. We all could play. We may have been a bit nuts, more then a bit dysfunctional, but we had top end talent and a lot of desire. :satisfied:

• Like 2

On 3/10/2017 at 9:41 PM, BigW said:

Well, it was a known thing about Styrofoam coolers and that they never held up on a bus for more than a weekend at best. People were warned, and if they didn't listen, so be it.

Again, for anyone outside the activity reading this, Drum Corps took place during all of this. Just a rather pointed reminder that amongst all the buffoonery and goofball incidents, the Westshoremen beat everyone in DCA at least once at Finals during the 1979 to 1983 period and placed no worse than sixth (yeah, Bucs, Cabs, Sky, Empire, Sun, Hurcs, so on and so forth....). Tom could play. We all could play. We may have been a bit nuts, more then a bit dysfunctional, but we had top end talent and a lot of desire. :satisfied:

The best part was the we were all family