The history of the Westshoremen

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Heh... a guy I marched with in Sun in 1981, every time he'd take the train past Franklin Field, he'd give the place a one-finger salute. LOL.

i did that to Hershey Stadium for a few years

On 9/19/2017 at 12:48 AM, Jeff Ream said:

i did that to Hershey Stadium for a few years

You are not the only one who did that!

On 9/21/2017 at 1:51 PM, BigW said:

You had other reasons, too. :laugh:

Wanna talk about that whole incident with the jacked up water pistols in Games? :laugh::innocent::whistle:

Truth be told, I had more "problems" with quad players at whac a mole

4 hours ago, BigW said:

Well-- I just had a reminder on DCP about unwritten rule 18:

Don't accuse anyone who marched DCA of being unable or incapable of throwing down.

I hear ya, W. That guy started out as a guy simply expressing his opinion/making a point about days gone by... then it morphed into, well, some pretty bitter, uncalled-for stuff.   A shame.

Yeah, Fran.

Questioning people's heart and desire is a so, so, "don't go there" in this activity. I have no problems with people getting on what I can't do or am not doing well, but no one ever accused me of not caring. That's a baseline thing in DCA. Everyone does care about doing very well, more a question of how you get there and if you do.

It also dredged up some thoughts I really haven't talked about often nor do I want to, especially about one of the reasons I did march besides the fact I loved it and ate it up, good and bad. It got me out of some tough things to deal with and confront when you're a teenage kid. Mom and Dad knew it, and I'm thankful they realized this.

Nah, you didn't, you were on the thread with the fellow who kept bemoaning how Drum Corps has been bad since about 1970 or earlier. 

Maybe my big problem sometimes is I get too fired up about performing. :satisfied: I try too hard if I'm not careful- rather be that way than not give a flip, and that cat insinuated anyone past his era doesn't give a flip.

Looking back on things, Dave had a way about him and about how he did things to keep me (and everyone else) in that right place. He worked us hard, we knew exactly what he wanted, precisely how to do it right on the edge, and how to be consistent on that edge with the product he wanted from us. All we had to do was perform it like we practiced it and we'd be successful, we knew this, trusted him. I think he and Frank were so good about that, and ahead of their time about that attitude. Now, it's one of those things everyone "should" know.... and I still find people out there who do not. And then... they wonder why their team blows it in the big shows. Jeff is prolly reading my mind on one of the biggest culprits out there, it's okay. :whistle: