The history of the Westshoremen

Rick one addendum to said tympano decoration...they need to be attractive this time around

• Like 1

they were not that bad. I've seen worse!

• 2 weeks later...

Well put Jeff! As Mr. Schomburg put it, brought back a LOT of memories!!

Those saying that Sun was next in 80 are absolutely correct... When I was in Reading, I marched with a guy that was in Sun that year and he busted my chops about it all the time!

The opener in 79 was I Hope I Get It (A Chorus Line) into Music in the Mirror (short drum solo from another B-way show)

The shakos were only in 79..then we got the white hats (with the usually disappearing freaking pink plumes!)

You missed a lot of the controversy from the 81 year! I remember the corps being thoroughly pi$$ed at DCA for several reasons, and almost giving Larry a heart attack going into Giants Stadium because the drum line was threatening to play both Sky's and Cab's street time going in and coming out respectively! (We ended up playing "Carnivalista" that little ditty Fillipelli brought us)

Also the end of the year when the week before finals when we lost to the Hurricanes by a few tenths..stormed the judges meeting en masse and the chief judge told us that we were both "Equal corps, and that it could go either way each week between us" then the Hurcs won finals...did that mean WE could have won...nah.. we weren't as good as Reading and Sun that year (in my opinion Sun should have won...but when I joined the Bucs..I was told other wise..hahaha!!)

My years in Westshore were some of the best times of my life, I made some great long lasting friends , and have great memories (clouded by loss of brain cells)

I remember the corps being thoroughly pi$$ed at DCA for several reasons, and almost giving Larry a heart attack going into Giants Stadium because the drum line was threatening to play both Sky's and Cab's street time going in and coming out respectively! (We ended up playing "Carnivalista" that little ditty Fillipelli brought us)

We should have done it! ^0^

Hmmmmmmmm what other "crimes against humanity" were we going to do that night?? there were more that came to mind, but those brain cells must have suffered! B)

whoa...time out.

is this Chumley????????

the only man to drop a stick in mid performance, take the other stick, hold it to his nose, and pretend to snorkle down to get the missing one?

the only man to drop a stick in mid performance, take the other stick, hold it to his nose, and pretend to snorkle down to get the missing one?

Nooooo...it was Cruisers stick

(Cruiser, for those that don't know...is Danny DeLong of Bluecoats fame!...taught him EVERYthing he knows!)

I actually NEVER dropped acid...I mean a stick!

I wish someone had that on video, that woulda made the "highlight" reel! heh heh heh!

I just can't believe that 21 :whip: years after it happened you guys are STILL talking about it !

How could we forget about it, it was soooooooooooooo great!

whoa...time out.

is this Chumley????????

WOW, that name just kicked in.. How ya doing bud...

Forgot your first year in Shore was my last...

JimF (used to ride in the equipment truck with Paul G and Benny (God rest his soul))....

Ben, we missed you in 96. we had an 83 tenor line reunion...Hoov, Davey and Dan...i beliueve it was Cumberland MD. they entertained us by trying to play the 83 break, written for 3 drums on a set of 5. and Dan was still the biggest ticker :P