The history of the Westshoremen

I still remember in 89, the first time we saw Sky at a show...Dan Bowman came on the bus and said "if you need it for the show, take it with you. Once everyone is off, the drivers are locking the doors and driving to a safe house til it's time to come back"

Edited for accuracy. :tongue:

Hey, you haven't injured or killed anyone (yet) so you have THAT going for you.... ($1 to Fran)

introvert? You???

:blink:

Yes... tis true. tongue.gif

tho I must confess...I know women that bought tickets to shows to see Jimmy and Butch BITD

I have heard women tell ME that... (After I was telling everyone the "No one ever bought a ticket to see the Drum Major" line...)

Donna and I have been married since 1971, I never was one to flirt (that I remember anyways) let alone follow through with anything... AND Donna was always with me.w00t.gif

yeah... we were surprised when they didn't like that as well.... :blink:

I can't say in public what happened the first time I met Ritchee Price! But it was "Price"-less!!! :tongue: The second time I met him was when Chuck Wilson (one of the soprano trio) was marching there. I marched with Chuck when I was in the Chocolatiers, fun guy to party with also!

And far as I know Chuck is still with Hanover... Man he gets around....

LOL, and to think Ritchee started with the York White Roses jr corps...

Chuck was fun! Like I said before, I almost #### when I saw him with the Matadors, AND that he was one of the soloists with Ritchie and Centorino (and he got stuck with the high parts)

Yep.... 1966 - 1972

introvert? You???

:blink:

tho I must confess...I know women that bought tickets to shows to see Jimmy and Butch BITD

The Cumberland show. Jimmy had his own fan club there.

One of the things Westshore was, was NEVER quiet! We used to get thrown out of some pretty crappy places! In fact, one year at Bucknell, we had one of our "underwear walks" and a few big guys from Sky were offended by it..thankfully a few BIGGER guys from the Matadors were on OUR side! I also remember a fireworks batter with Hawthorne up in Rochester (I think) They were setting stuff off, so one of the guys that had some stuff with him decided to reciprocate, and we ended up having a bottle rocket battle!

My few years in Reading were pretty subdued for various reasons...maybe it was company I kept, I don't know.

ok, Fort Indiantown Gap...rehearsal/camp weekend...sleeping bag races AFTER drinking a few quarts of malt duck...I could hear the screaming and laughing outside about a block away-when I went to get more "REFRESHMENT" from someone's car...LOUD we were NEVER loud... :lookaround:

At rehearsal, somehow the Sweger brothers came up and it reminded me about how Donny used to talk on the field...even to the judges...do you remember that? huh huh..I need a beer huh huh huh...'scuse me Judge huh huh huh this rain is pissin' me off...

good times, GREAT family !!!

So W, what else do we need to cover with 82? Some of Eric's rants were priceless!! :worthy:

THIS AINT NO CLAMBAKE

and for you Ben....AFTER we made "dog-pissing" sounds when doing those fire hydrant exercises... THREE LAPS LARD a$ses ! humpf I was REALLY Pi$$ed about THAT one...I remember walking those "laps"

Edited by boomboom

ok, Fort Indiantown Gap...rehearsal/camp weekend...sleeping bag races AFTER drinking a few quarts of malt duck...I could hear the screaming and laughing outside about a block away-when I went to get more "REFRESHMENT" from someone's car...LOUD we were NEVER loud... :lookaround:

Trying to remember if I saw this or heard about it later....

We're at the Gap Saturday night and some National Guardsmen were a few barracks away and came over. Guess they were either bothered by the noise or came to join the party. Couple of 'em walked over to our area... then they saw who was causing the ruckus.. stopped dead in their tracks and just walked away.... :shutup:

Sunday AM at the mess hall (78 or 79): Someone loads up on the sticky buns and the Army cook yells out "There's only xxx of them so I don't want to hear ####### if anyone goes without". Dave Roher is right behind me and sez (not so softly) "And a happy good morning to you too sir".

And Tony, found out about Ritchee being in York during a bus trip and listening to Bob Zarfoss. Part way thru his story I realize which Ritchee he was talking about. Few years later after we were done at 2009 Plymouth, Ritchee came outside to talk to Bob and Chuck. Nothing like hering "Excuse me", moving aside and then seeing Ritchee walk past you. :blink: