The history of the Westshoremen

The Cumberland show. Jimmy had his own fan club there.

Jimmy had his own fan club everywhere. Chris Garrett still remember winning DM at Barnum in 96...he was afraid for his life

Trying to remember if I saw this or heard about it later....

We're at the Gap Saturday night and some National Guardsmen were a few barracks away and came over. Guess they were either bothered by the noise or came to join the party. Couple of 'em walked over to our area... then they saw who was causing the ruckus.. stopped dead in their tracks and just walked away.... :shutup:

Sunday AM at the mess hall (78 or 79): Someone loads up on the sticky buns and the Army cook yells out "There's only xxx of them so I don't want to hear ####### if anyone goes without". Dave Roher is right behind me and sez (not so softly) "And a happy good morning to you too sir".

And Tony, found out about Ritchee being in York during a bus trip and listening to Bob Zarfoss. Part way thru his story I realize which Ritchee he was talking about. Few years later after we were done at 2009 Plymouth, Ritchee came outside to talk to Bob and Chuck. Nothing like hering "Excuse me", moving aside and then seeing Ritchee walk past you. :blink:

I never really spoke to Ritchee until the first year he did Westshore Alumni. When we had the trio going in Blues tag, I joked with him he should throw in some Rocky. I knew that crowd knew the history, and would eat it up. He just laughed.

So there we were on stage, and Ritchee's up. He plays the beginning of Rockyand of course the crowd and corps loves it. Heturns, looks back atme and smiles that smile of his.

The next year, he somehow lost his wallet on stage at the Friday night rehearsal. I found it, and tried like hell to find him, had managementlooking all over for him. he shows up the next morning, and I say "Mr. Price, we found your wallet here last night. Larry has it'>

He looks at me, smiles and says "thanks, but call me Ritchee, and I hope you didnt buy too many drinks with the cash". I told him we didn't , we just looked for ID so we could find the owner.At the after party, he was buying me drinks all night.

The Cumberland show. Jimmy had his own fan club there.

Not sure if this "counts". devil.gif

I think it was 82.... I had a half dozen "women" following me around after the Baltimore show. (Not sure if you heard Stan or remember, Stan yelled "Hey Tony, ask'em if they have change for a $5!")

Donna was standing right next to me... shutup.gif

And Tony, found out about Ritchee being in York during a bus trip and listening to Bob Zarfoss. Part way thru his story I realize which Ritchee he was talking about. Few years later after we were done at 2009 Plymouth, Ritchee came outside to talk to Bob and Chuck. Nothing like hering "Excuse me", moving aside and then seeing Ritchee walk past you. :blink:

2009 Plymouth? Ritchie walked past me? (apologies for asking, not sure I got that right)

I never really spoke to Ritchee until the first year he did Westshore Alumni. When we had the trio going in Blues tag, I joked with him he should throw in some Rocky. I knew that crowd knew the history, and would eat it up. He just laughed.

So there we were on stage, and Ritchee's up. He plays the beginning of Rockyand of course the crowd and corps loves it. Heturns, looks back atme and smiles that smile of his.

The next year, he somehow lost his wallet on stage at the Friday night rehearsal. I found it, and tried like hell to find him, had managementlooking all over for him. he shows up the next morning, and I say "Mr. Price, we found your wallet here last night. Larry has it'>

He looks at me, smiles and says "thanks, but call me Ritchee, and I hope you didnt buy too many drinks with the cash". I told him we didn't , we just looked for ID so we could find the owner.At the after party, he was buying me drinks all night.

Ritchie is a very cool guy, humble to a fault. It's very easy to become friends with a guy like him. worthy.gif

Ritchie is a very cool guy, humble to a fault. It's very easy to become friends with a guy like him. worthy.gif

yeah, the few times I talked to him he was very nice! But truthfully, I never really met many people at shows that WEREN'T nice... I even met Pepe Notaro once on an elevator at the Meadowlands and he was nice, so what do ya do?

THIS AINT NO CLAMBAKE

and for you Ben....AFTER we made "dog-pissing" sounds when doing those fire hydrant exercises... THREE LAPS LARD a$ses ! humpf I was REALLY Pi$$ed about THAT one...I remember walking those "laps"

Heh.... in Sun, some of our staff members could, and did, ride us pretty good when needed (sometimes when not needed..LOL)... but they stopped short of making us run laps.

They knew we would 1) turn on them and 2) try to kill them if they did. :tongue:

Heh.... in Sun, some of our staff members could, and did, ride us pretty good when needed (sometimes when not needed..LOL)... but they stopped short of making us run laps.

They knew we would 1) turn on them and 2) try to kill them if they did. :tongue:

Fran, do you know what year that Sun wore gold Sun necklaces on the field for finals? I only remember it was in Allentown and I had walked over to get a better look at some of the cute guys in the corps...there were LOTS...and I ended up trading my cymbal necklace for a sun necklace with one of the sop players...

Fran, do you know what year that Sun wore gold Sun necklaces on the field for finals? I only remember it was in Allentown and I had walked over to get a better look at some of the cute guys in the corps...there were LOTS...and I ended up trading my cymbal necklace for a sun necklace with one of the sop players...

Ruth, good question... I'm not sure which year that was.

Tony, we need some help here!!!! :thumbup:

yeah, the few times I talked to him he was very nice! But truthfully, I never really met many people at shows that WEREN'T nice... I even met Pepe Notaro once on an elevator at the Meadowlands and he was nice, so what do ya do?

I marched with and against Pepe (RIP), we were also good friends but I don't think the word filters here would let my post some of the words he used when talking to and about me... devil.gif