The history of the Westshoremen

I have it on VINYL!!! :tongue:

Whoa to you, of Earth and Sea....for the devil sends the beast with WRATH because he knows the time is short.....

Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a HUMAN number....that number is six hundred and sixty-six! :devil:

Crap, I still remember the beginning of it!!! (and it's a crying shame that this is the only bible verse I can recite from memory! :rolleyes: )

Oh, come on! What about "Jesus Wept" !?!?!?!?

Dad used to think I got worse gas mileage than Boom or he could because I was jamming out listening to stuff like this with Rook and Okee in the Opel on weekends and tapping the accelerator to the beat.

I think it was the fact we were rocking the car sideways or something like that. BTW, for the car nuts, the Buick-Opel I had wasn't really an Opel- it was an Isuzu Gemini in Japan and Europe, aka the Isuzu I-Mark in the US.

I still remember some of the rides some of us had- Mike's 4-4-2, Rook's Datsun wagon "Suckmobile" that had makrs from the percussion jamming out on the roof, Jim Wilson's Austin Marina that made anyone else feel good about their own rides, Buzzgok's Mustang II Ghia, Boom's Corolla Terry Matrin's Lincoln Buddy and Bruce would ride in, Rich Handy's Mazda RX-2 or RX-3....

And my first year in corps I had the '69 Wildcat, aka the Bomb. Lucky I wasn't killed in that brute. 430 cubic inch engine, fast as anything in a straight line with no crosswind, could turn the wheel an inch or 2 either way and not change the direction of the car- and 6 MPG in town with the A/C on...

Rickie Lee had his Black Firebird Esprit he'd take up 4 parking spaces with in the CV parking lot till it got repoe'd, then he had that sick pukey green 1960 Rambler, aka the "Power Egg", which just all of a sudden took up one space in the lot... :tongue:

oh the old metal stuff I still have on tape and vinyl.......and...I have a WTPA sticker for FM104, 93.5 and now the new number

Hey Ben drove by Hummelstown Plaza on way back from Hershey Med. Stopped Chez Sheetz (Chez ####tz) for cappucino on the rush hour crawl home.

So McDs has the new building....

Pizza Slut is still closed

Wendys.... oh #### NO building.. no wonder I couldn't figure that out

And Hummelstown Hoss' is still boarded up with a tractor trailer sized dumpster on the highway side....

I thought my side of the river was losing hot spots to eat.....

this side lucked out...the flooding didnt kill us

Hey Ben drove by Hummelstown Plaza on way back from Hershey Med. Stopped Chez Sheetz (Chez ####tz) for cappucino on the rush hour crawl home.

So McDs has the new building....

Pizza Slut is still closed

Wendys.... oh #### NO building.. no wonder I couldn't figure that out

And Hummelstown Hoss' is still boarded up with a tractor trailer sized dumpster on the highway side....

I thought my side of the river was losing hot spots to eat.....

The Pizza Hut last I knew was back in operation and was decent when I last went not that long ago. The McDonald's was evidently getting old so when the damages hit, Corporate just decided to rip it down and rebuild. The Hoss' unfortunately I think is going to be sold. They've decided to try and relocate their business in the area. Where-- who knows?

I think some of us may still remember the old Deboni Gifts store in that little plaze. Deb Tshudy's (Guard member around 82-82ish) Mom owned it, very nice lady, neat little souvenir/knick-knack store.

Just remember they build those fast food cubes pretty much to just meet code and not much else. Any real damage pretty much wipes them out.

Sheetz isn't THAT bad. Lemme tell you. Driving into West-by-God-Virginia, well I know the one in Martinsburg has a pretty well stocked refigerated beer cave (I was doing a contest down there so I had to behave and all that!) and the one in Parsons tucked into the mountains is a freakin' godsend. It's on US 219 South of Oakland, MD and North of Elkins and really is one of the only places you can gas up at any hour and use a bathroom and get a snack between those two points. Speaking of that, hmm. The Kngsford Charcoal plant is there, and at night when they make charcoal, the stack gives off the freakiest red flame. I mean DEEP red! I tried to shoot pics of that one night coming home, have to get them downloaded and see if they turned out.

Yeah, I pretty much know every place to stop for gas and food and a restroom break all the way from Hancock, MD to Morgantown on I-68 and US 219 from Grantsville, MD to Elkins. It's a really spectacular drive but LONG. Just... tediously LONG....

this side lucked out...the flooding didn't kill us

I was being a smart ### and didn't think about the flooding. Was thinking about Old Country Buffet. Went there for a work lunch and never again. Go out every week or so with dad and places anymore are in traffic pockets, waaaay far out, over crowded (chain resturants) or his almost 80 year old stomach can't handle it. Or they just went really downhill with the food like Puke-ins (Perkins) and the Yankee Doodle Diner in Wormyburg that was great for afew months then *burp, ick*.

Just a quick thing off topic- stumbled on a really nice jazz/ska cut on YouTube, just search "Tokyo Ska Paradise orchestra SUIKINKUTSU" and you should find it. TSPO has a GREAT horn section, very professional. headed to the pawn shop in Uptown H-burg now to see if they got my stuff. we'll see.

Idont profess to know the YEA situation with Eric, but please, remember there is more to running a corps than just the on field product. I'm not bashing Eric, I love him to death, but the business side of things can get to many people, and with a boss like Hop, you're expected to put in a lot of hours for not a lot of money.

I am learning this lesson, FIRST HAND. Alot more work than I expected.

oh the old metal stuff I still have on tape and vinyl.......and...I have a WTPA sticker for FM104, 93.5 and now the new number

I used to get all sorts of WTPA stuff from Scott Green who was a weekend/overnight DJ on 104 and 93.5,( went to high school with him) The t-shirts are all gone, but I think I still have a FM 104 sticker somewhere in a box....Torre the morning guy and I were good friend as well, when I worked for Dauphin Deposit Bank we used to call and request stuff, then it got to a point where he looked for our call every morning (because I used to request Rush, and tell him to "take some ZZ-Top out of petty cash for his trouble" so he'd play a Rush tune for me, and a ZZ tune for himself (that was his favorite band) I met him at Colonial Park on some remote they were doing, and walked away with like 10 t-shirts, and all sorts of other crap :blink:

Great stations back then! :thumbup:

Oh, come on! What about "Jesus Wept" !?!?!?!?

Dad used to think I got worse gas mileage than Boom or he could because I was jamming out listening to stuff like this with Rook and Okee in the Opel on weekends and tapping the accelerator to the beat.

I think it was the fact we were rocking the car sideways or something like that. BTW, for the car nuts, the Buick-Opel I had wasn't really an Opel- it was an Isuzu Gemini in Japan and Europe, aka the Isuzu I-Mark in the US.

I still remember some of the rides some of us had- Mike's 4-4-2, Rook's Datsun wagon "Suckmobile" that had makrs from the percussion jamming out on the roof, Jim Wilson's Austin Marina that made anyone else feel good about their own rides, Buzzgok's Mustang II Ghia, Boom's Corolla Terry Matrin's Lincoln Buddy and Bruce would ride in, Rich Handy's Mazda RX-2 or RX-3....

And my first year in corps I had the '69 Wildcat, aka the Bomb. Lucky I wasn't killed in that brute. 430 cubic inch engine, fast as anything in a straight line with no crosswind, could turn the wheel an inch or 2 either way and not change the direction of the car- and 6 MPG in town with the A/C on...

Rickie Lee had his Black Firebird Esprit he'd take up 4 parking spaces with in the CV parking lot till it got repoe'd, then he had that sick pukey green 1960 Rambler, aka the "Power Egg", which just all of a sudden took up one space in the lot... :tongue:

Ok...ya got me on that one.....

Ricks "Green eggs and spam" car was an institution!!! There's a great story of when we got stuck in downtown Harrisburg (at like 1-2:00am) with that car and had to get his mother to come get us...then we had a rehearsal at Shippensburg or Dickenson (one of the field houses) the next day, and we showed up, half asleep and probably half drunk.... :blink: