The history of the Westshoremen

A big reason, though. It didn't help. Money, recruiting, everything seemed to hit them all at once from what we all saw BITD and from what was told to me. Your Dad was right there in a lot of it, it couldn't have been pretty.

The one thing it did help was that quite a few of them came up I-83 and helped Westshore get over some humps afterwards and gave osme experience and a boost of confidence to a lot of us in many ways.

Dad was in the middle, and I've heard stories from him and several others that were there. it was WAY more than the post. Lets just say people needed to realize it wasn't 1855 anymore.

Dad was in the middle, and I've heard stories from him and several others that were there. it was WAY more than the post. Lets just say people needed to realize it wasn't 1855 anymore.

YES. It wasn't even **1955** anymore. The Post was a part of that issue too, sadly. Knowing your Dad, his attitude was, "Let's get the people we need to fill the spots we have open, let's rehearse hard, let's perform well, and let's have a beer afterwards. Everything else is rubbish."

Denny Chiavetta, Sue Stiles, Donna Whitmoyer were all there too, and came to Westshore for at least 1981. I remember Larry Peck as well. Didn't know Rich was ex-Hershey!

Yeah Donna & Sue...should have remembered those two...Donna was Schell's cousin and Sue was her best friend. Denny was a freaking mess!! :tongue: But I think he didn't show up until 80...maybe-maybe-not?!?

Listened to 79 and 80 today.... 79 was close to being good...bunches of musical issues...drumline was blah....good snare line & keys, the rest was marginal... 80 was better writing-wise, and playing wise, (and a more exciting show) but we were dirty. first time I've listened to those shows in a while....but I have really crappy recordings of them (from the guy that was selling recordings, and most of them were sourced from crappy mp3's, duh!)

Wish the people that released them initially would re-release them on remastered on CD...My albums have seen MUCH better days!

Edited by Jaminbenb

Part of the problem with 79 and 80 was we really didn;t have a direction or brand. Anyone could have done those shows was the problem. That's said with hindsight. A LOT of corps were very generic in that way BITD and placed well, etc.

YES. It wasn't even **1955** anymore. The Post was a part of that issue too, sadly. Knowing your Dad, his attitude was, "Let's get the people we need to fill the spots we have open, let's rehearse hard, let's perform well, and let's have a beer afterwards. Everything else is rubbish."

I remember sadly riding the busses there and one of the songs several members sang as they pulled in next to Sky at a show. An interesting, sexist, racist take on DOO DAH, that's for sure

Yeah Donna & Sue...should have remembered those two...Donna was Schell's cousin and Sue was her best friend. Denny was a freaking mess!! :tongue: But I think he didn't show up until 80...maybe-maybe-not?!?

Listened to 79 and 80 today.... 79 was close to being good...bunches of musical issues...drumline was blah....good snare line & keys, the rest was marginal... 80 was better writing-wise, and playing wise, (and a more exciting show) but we were dirty. first time I've listened to those shows in a while....but I have really crappy recordings of them (from the guy that was selling recordings, and most of them were sourced from crappy mp3's, duh!)

Wish the people that released them initially would re-release them on remastered on CD...My albums have seen MUCH better days!

do a web search for Charlie Schiavone. DCACDS or something like that. I have slowly been filling in my collection from him.

I have video of 80 prelims too. Gotta get that on dvd

Jeff, I know the song. John Close taught me the opening line for the Doo-dah song... :blink:

and people got #### if they didn't sing along