The history of the Westshoremen

I hope they come to Hershey....the fear from a lot of people is that this is the last album and tour (the usual thoughts, but one day it could be true) so I really want to see them as many times as possible this time out!

LMAO, have a friend who has been catching the Stones "just in case" it's the last tour.... think she's close to her 30th year of "just in case"..... She even drug us to the "Voodoo Lounge" opened at RFK and that was about 20 years ago.... :tongue:

Most memorible of that night are:

1) Being low on gas and having a homeless guy give us the only good directiosn outta town

2) 2 underagers behind us guzzling. Started out screaming and were about ready to do the techni-color yawn as we were leaving (Hurry up, they're about ready to pop). Nothing like feeling something hit your arm and realize it's a beer cup (and hand) from the clod behind ya. I grabbed the cup and just pushed him back... :huh2:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Maybe it's time I get some things inserted in here since the timing is too good.

Some people may wonder why in God's name I do reviews. A fair question. It does have to do with Superman, more than one might think.

One reason is Fred Mowbray. Rook, Ben, and I used to seek out Fred after shows to see what he thought. He was always encouraging to us, and I think very fair about us in DCN and DCW. He told us when we needed to keep pushing, and to keep working hard. Sometimes, I think there are some people out there that might get encouraged by something I say. I hope they do. I also hope some people wake up and smell the coffee of reality I might hit them with.

Another is Rickie Lee/AKA Superman. HOW!? I'm sure someone may ask why the heck this connects. It's easy.

When we started this roll in 82, we'd be pouring through copies of DCN and DCW for any comments we could find and pics. We wanted to see if we were getting any spin, any positive stuff out of the articles. One DCW article in particular obviously had more than a bit of a smack in the face for us on Bus One when we were reading it.

We read this article, which waxed poetic about The Cabs, and about their show, all it's numbers contained within, etc. We read about Sky, and all of their marvelous show covered in marvelous detail.

Then, we get...

"The Westshoremen have Rick Lee(I remember they got THAT wrong), who is a show in and unto himself." The rest of the stuff about us can be summed up as:

"Oh yeah, by the way, the Westshoremen won handily."

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Okay.... basically, the writer didn't tell anyone a ###### thing about our corps except for Ricky Lee. Not a thing about the new direction for our corps, the wonderful arranging, the better horn line, the jazz formatted program, NOTHING except for Ricky Lee on the sideline. Needless to say, a few of us were not amused. I thought about that for a long, long time- and I decided to write reviews here, since I wanted to make sure some of the guys and gals in the trenches that don't necessarily get any mention that deserve it in DCW articles get it. According to that DCW article and the way that guy wrote, Ricky was a one man wrecking machine keeping our corps at the top, the rest of us and what we were doing was irrelevant. Whomever the author was apparently ignored the other 120 of us and what we were doing for ten minutes out on the field. I try to avoid that kind of thing when I write here.

Anyhow, I gotta get my Wagon in at 8 AM so I need to stop now. More later....

Who is this Rick or Rickie Lee you speak of? The name doesn't ring a bell?!?! :blink:

LMAO, have a friend who has been catching the Stones "just in case" it's the last tour.... think she's close to her 30th year of "just in case"..... She even drug us to the "Voodoo Lounge" opened at RFK and that was about 20 years ago.... :tongue:

Most memorible of that night are:

1) Being low on gas and having a homeless guy give us the only good directiosn outta town

2) 2 underagers behind us guzzling. Started out screaming and were about ready to do the techni-color yawn as we were leaving (Hurry up, they're about ready to pop). Nothing like feeling something hit your arm and realize it's a beer cup (and hand) from the clod behind ya. I grabbed the cup and just pushed him back... :huh2:

Hmm...don't get me started on the Stones A. not a fan (buy any stretch) B. I talked to a guy that saw them about 10-15 years back, and he said that he could count the minutes on his left hand alone that any of the actual Stones touched their instruments to actually PLAY :tongue: (he had front row seats, that he payed a small fortune for, and was PI$$ED!!! :doh: He also said Micks voice is gone and that he pretty much just yelled the lyrics.

Granted...Geddy Lee can't hit some of the notes he used to hit, but those boys are PLAYING it!!! :thumbup:

Hmm...don't get me started on the Stones A. not a fan (buy any stretch) B. I talked to a guy that saw them about 10-15 years back, and he said that he could count the minutes on his left hand alone that any of the actual Stones touched their instruments to actually PLAY :tongue: (he had front row seats, that he payed a small fortune for, and was PI$$ED!!! :doh: He also said Micks voice is gone and that he pretty much just yelled the lyrics.

Granted...Geddy Lee can't hit some of the notes he used to hit, but those boys are PLAYING it!!! :thumbup:

LOL, we were next to the TOP row of RFK. So much for buying middle priced tickets the day the tickets went on sale. (Need smilie giving the finger). Jumbotron wsa OK but without it couldn't prove it really was the Stones. That was our "big stadium" rock concert in our lives and doubt if we'd try it again. HersheyPark stadium for Springsteen was bad enough but at least we were close to the stage for $99 a pop. And Bruce is Mr yelling vocals but never thought about it until my dad said something when he say BS doing Super Bowl halftime. "#### all he does is yell, why is he so great again?".

LOL, we were next to the TOP row of RFK. So much for buying middle priced tickets the day the tickets went on sale. (Need smilie giving the finger). Jumbotron wsa OK but without it couldn't prove it really was the Stones. That was our "big stadium" rock concert in our lives and doubt if we'd try it again. HersheyPark stadium for Springsteen was bad enough but at least we were close to the stage for $99 a pop. And Bruce is Mr yelling vocals but never thought about it until my dad said something when he say BS doing Super Bowl halftime. "#### all he does is yell, why is he so great again?".

Ugh...there's another guy I can't stand...to me all of his stuff sounds the same. (and with him yelling) I know someone that used to go see him when he wasn't big and used to play clubs up and down the Jersey Shore and said THAT was good...but hated seeing him in a stadium show after he got big.

My big stadium rock show was and will always be Pink Floyd in 1987 at JFK Stadium. They were reportedly over 120,000 tickets sold! The place was packed!

Yeah, I heard the rumor about the strings....could be neat!

I hope they come to Hershey....the fear from a lot of people is that this is the last album and tour (the usual thoughts, but one day it could be true) so I really want to see them as many times as possible this time out!

my thoughts exactly. they usually dont announce tour dates this far out, so if this is it, I hope I have a few chances

Dad worships the Stones.I'm not sure he's missed a tour yet. I know he gave Steve F hell when the wedding to Sylvia was the same day they were in Phily

Ugh...there's another guy I can't stand...to me all of his stuff sounds the same. (and with him yelling) I know someone that used to go see him when he wasn't big and used to play clubs up and down the Jersey Shore and said THAT was good...but hated seeing him in a stadium show after he got big.

My big stadium rock show was and will always be Pink Floyd in 1987 at JFK Stadium. They were reportedly over 120,000 tickets sold! The place was packed!

I was there. Also saw the Division Bell tour at the Vet...both awesome.

But the best was Bill Joel/Elton John Piano men tour at the Vet...worth every penny.

and I do reviews not because of any slight,but because I enjoy it. it keeps my brain sharp for judging. Well, and anymore, I enjoy if people get ###### off

I was there. Also saw the Division Bell tour at the Vet...both awesome.

But the best was Bill Joel/Elton John Piano men tour at the Vet...worth every penny.

and I do reviews not because of any slight,but because I enjoy it. it keeps my brain sharp for judging. Well, and anymore, I enjoy if people get ###### off

Yeah we were at the first Billy/Elton show, what a crazy event!!! Division Bell was interesting in the stage and all that, but by that time, I was digging the Roger Waters stuff a little more, and hoping that he'd tour...got so see him at Hershey and Philly for the Wall (which was an amazing event!)

Been trying to see Rush on every tour since they started back at it...thankfully they came to either Hershey or Scranton...this part of the tour they decided not to go to either, so I figured that Philly would be the place, thankfully I have a few friends that wanted to go as well. (Mrs. still doesn't trust me driving more than an hour because of the passing out two years back...DR.'s cleared me, but not my pharmacist)

AS usual I have Dave Matthews tickets...he's not as good as he was 10+ years back, but he still puts on a good show. I also try to catch Chicago every time they run through the area....(oh, and I was an an event up at the Hershey Gardens the other night and we heard Demi Lovato....whoever the heck she is...at the Star Pavilion....geeez Hershey, can we get some GOOD acts in?!?!

(oh, and I was an an event up at the Hershey Gardens the other night and we heard Demi Lovato....whoever the heck she is...at the Star Pavilion....geeez Hershey, can we get some GOOD acts in?!?!

Some Disney channel something or other (I think)... Keep hearing the name and scanned the article in the Patriot News Go Section (we call it "Go To ####" section cuz it screws up so bad).Laughed cuz it said how tough she has been having at age 19.... At least Miley Cyrus got too old for Dizzy to give a crap. Had our nieces over for a weekend few years back and TOO much of Ms Cyrus. Leats I know now her old man acts worse than he sings.....