The history of the Westshoremen

Concert tickets are outrageous anymore...the problem I've been having is that people are ALLOWED to scalp now, or are able to scalp tickets in a round about way. Such as E-bay where you can sell a band or team logo t-shirt or fountain pen for astronomical prices, and include the tickets complimentary!

My sour experience with this was a few years back when Penn State went to the Rose Bowl. We tried to get tickets and were successful, when we started checking out flight packages (we had a place to stay) we couldn't find any for less than a small fortune which was basically the annual budget for a small foreign country...so we decided to get rid of them....a few friends were offered, none bit, so we put them on E-Bay or Craigslist or something for face value, plus our "fee" (shipping/handling/processing whatever we were charged extra) Two days later I get a hit and someone purchases them, no problem...except he wants us to wait a day so he could provide us with an address label for shipping (he had a Fed Ex acct) So I got suspicious and checked Stub Hub, and some other sites and found the tickets. Dude sold them for about $50 each more than we sold them to him for so he got $200. over what he paid...the next day I got the link for the mailing label and was asked to just take them to Fed Ex, put what I printed out in a sleeve on an envelope, stick the tickets in the envelope and I was done... His money to us was transferred to my Pay Pal account and I was done. I actually felt dirty doing it like that! :huh2:

I don't agree with this practice and wish the laws would change (as well as the way these buggers can obtain the tickets)

98 KISS tour, we had an extra ticket, so I hung outside and tried to sell it for face value...and the corps hassled me.

we just ate the cost

98 KISS tour, we had an extra ticket, so I hung outside and tried to sell it for face value...and the corps hassled me.

we just ate the cost

The "CORPS" hassled you? Were your buddies from NYC there too. :devil:

Ah yes, Billy Joel concert from around 1990 (when BJ had hair). Walked from my sisters friend apartment and saw a t-shirt seller busted by the cops. Her friend yells "Got any for us?" and we thought "Oh ####". Turned out one of the cops was her neighbor. His reponse was "Too late... it's already marked for evidence". On the way back bought some bootleg t-shirts on the road behind the Comet. Plus PSP buzzing the parking lot with the Helicopter every 10 minutes before Springsteen. Most of the people there (including us) were having a picnic.

Hershey has a BAD reputation amongst the "Jam Band" culture (Dave Matthews, Phish, Dead etc.) Most of the jam band fans are peace loving hippie types that like an occasional joint to supplement their cheap beer and cheese sandwiches...but the Hershey property is one that they all avoid any illegal smiles upon! Ok, I GET it pot's illegal, and yeah it's probably bad for you, but so is smoking cigarettes and drinking cheap crappy beer (especially the crap Hershey sells inside which IMHO is why they discourage it in the lots...ok..as an aside....think about it from days past...people arrive in the lots...drink for a few hours go INTO a concert and sober up for the ride home....NOW, they won't let you drink in the lots without really hassling you, then you go inside, pay big $$$ for their crappy domestic beer until 1 hour before the concert is over...and then DRIVE home afterwards?!?! Personally, I MAY have a social beer inside depending upon whom I'm at the show with on any given occasion (Yuengling is marginal, they need a Tröegs contract) But usually that's BEFORE the show, and usually if I didn't have time to eat and have to stuff a burger. (and my wife usually drops me off and picks me up to avoid the $10-20 parking fees :blink: )

I subscribe to a few music boards (like this but for other music) and I always hear horror stories about people being hassled.

Jeff, was that Kiss concert the one where the original band was playing, in makeup, and the show lasted until almost midnight? If so I could hear it clear as day! In fact I heard "Rock and Roll All Night" as if I was listening to the radio! (and I live on the other side of the Med Center)

The "CORPS" hassled you? Were your buddies from NYC there too. :devil:

Ah yes, Billy Joel concert from around 1990 (when BJ had hair). Walked from my sisters friend apartment and saw a t-shirt seller busted by the cops. Her friend yells "Got any for us?" and we thought "Oh ####". Turned out one of the cops was her neighbor. His reponse was "Too late... it's already marked for evidence". On the way back bought some bootleg t-shirts on the road behind the Comet. Plus PSP buzzing the parking lot with the Helicopter every 10 minutes before Springsteen. Most of the people there (including us) were having a picnic.

oops, cops. #### slip

:tongue:

yeah i was outside the Corestates/FU/Wachovia/Wells Fargo Center and I was saying "hey, ticket at face value, good seat, not looking to make a profit", and the cops told me to stop or get busted.

so we stopped.

even better, go inside, get our seats, and KISS starts. It's a bunch of Shore drummers, so we're rocking out, and these ######## in front of us wouldn't sit down. Now we're in the back, halfway up the bowl,sothere's no need to stand, but these ######## did. We asked, we yelled, you name it, nothing.

So kevin Murphy gets ######, as A) they are standing and B) his overpriced Bud was warm, so he launched it like it came from behind him on to the jerks. Classic...they turn to look and we're all looking back to see if we can see where it came from too :tongue:

so they start giving us ####, and we give it back, telling them to sit the #### down....and the one dude takes a swing at me ( misses), so I fire back, and Murph and Andy Hoss are all but flying over/thru me to get at the guy. he runs off.

Comes back 10 minutes later with security "that's the ######## that hit me blah blah"

Security tries to get him to stay in place and comes to talk to me, and Hoss is there "Dude, he tried to hit my friend..someone threw beer at all of us, we couldnt see, so we had to stand because they were standing, the guy swung...."....if you know Hoss, you know arguing with him is pointless. he will wear you down. And he wore down a Philly city cop.

The other guy got tossed as did his friends, we sat down and enjoyed a kick ### show.

another classic Hoss/KISS moment....in 2000, when they played Hershey, I had 2 tickets, but couldn't find a buyer for one of the seats. So I said #### it, and headed over, figuring I could sell it there. I pull into the parking lot, and my cell rings...it's Hoss. I was like "dude, aren't you on tour with the Bluecoats?" and he said 'no, I scheduled this week off so I could see KISS...have any extras?"

kick ### show, and no fights

what

Hershey has a BAD reputation amongst the "Jam Band" culture (Dave Matthews, Phish, Dead etc.) Most of the jam band fans are peace loving hippie types that like an occasional joint to supplement their cheap beer and cheese sandwiches...but the Hershey property is one that they all avoid any illegal smiles upon! Ok, I GET it pot's illegal, and yeah it's probably bad for you, but so is smoking cigarettes and drinking cheap crappy beer (especially the crap Hershey sells inside which IMHO is why they discourage it in the lots...ok..as an aside....think about it from days past...people arrive in the lots...drink for a few hours go INTO a concert and sober up for the ride home....NOW, they won't let you drink in the lots without really hassling you, then you go inside, pay big $$$ for their crappy domestic beer until 1 hour before the concert is over...and then DRIVE home afterwards?!?! Personally, I MAY have a social beer inside depending upon whom I'm at the show with on any given occasion (Yuengling is marginal, they need a Tröegs contract) But usually that's BEFORE the show, and usually if I didn't have time to eat and have to stuff a burger. (and my wife usually drops me off and picks me up to avoid the $10-20 parking fees :blink: )

I subscribe to a few music boards (like this but for other music) and I always hear horror stories about people being hassled.

Jeff, was that Kiss concert the one where the original band was playing, in makeup, and the show lasted until almost midnight? If so I could hear it clear as day! In fact I heard "Rock and Roll All Night" as if I was listening to the radio! (and I live on the other side of the Med Center)

that KISS show was the 2000 one I described above, not the Philly show.

and the real problme for jam bands is in 84, the Dead played Hershey, and the fans destroyed the place with litter, ###### all over the place, you name it.

Good Hoss story. I can see him wearing down the cop. :tongue:

yeah but add in Murph.....:tongue:

that KISS show was the 2000 one I described above, not the Philly show.

and the real problme for jam bands is in 84, the Dead played Hershey, and the fans destroyed the place with litter, ###### all over the place, you name it.

It was worse the year the Dead played City Island, they were bathing in the fountains downtown :tongue:

I think I told you the story of the first time Phish played Hershey (and I was stuck in it's traffic...not a Phish Phan) and one guy was going car to car trying to BUY weed...then abut 5 minutes later another guy was going car to car trying to SELL weed! :blink:

It was worse the year the Dead played City Island, they were bathing in the fountains downtown :tongue:

I think I told you the story of the first time Phish played Hershey (and I was stuck in it's traffic...not a Phish Phan) and one guy was going car to car trying to BUY weed...then abut 5 minutes later another guy was going car to car trying to SELL weed! :blink:

oh yeah. When Plant did his Now and Zen tour in 88 and due to weather they moved it from Saturday to Sunday, I must have been offered weed 30 times in the lot.

My wifes and sister in laws least favorite concert. Wife got seperated from her sister and brother and they spent a lot of time looking for each other. Also one of the MANY Island concerts where women would go in the porta potties, immediately come out and say "I'm going to the bushes". :shutup:

LOL - saw Anderson, Buford, Wakeman and Howe (aka - NOT YES for legal reasons) there and maybe a few hundred people. I was worried about parking and started wondering if we had the right night as hardly any cars there when we pulled in. Got #### all night from the people with me "Oh man, glad we got a parking spot.. thanks for leaving early Jim". Good part was being so close you could see the wrinkles and grey hair starting to show up on the performers. And the side show of the girl dressed like a hippie (gunny sack dress) doing an interpretive dance in the audience. We were wondering if the drugs would wear off before the concert was over and eitehr her friends or ambulance would take her out (she's still upright but slowing down).

Was getting gas at Erford Rd and the CH Bypass that day and guy started asking for directions. After he left I wondered if he went to the Island and finally figured out... wrong place.

Edited by JimF-LowBari