The history of the Westshoremen

it'll have to, because Only Time Will tell....

Well remind me, because once we get caught up in the Heat of the Moment, you never know what I'll remember! :tongue:

OK, just found Rons video podcast of the corps. Have heard the audio part before but this one has some neat pics including 1974 pic I have somewhere.

Question I have to Ben and whoever is at the 8:13 mark there is a pic of 1979 (new unis but still shakos) of a daylight show (trophies in the front) but no idea where. We did two(?) sat night Sun afternoon shows and one Sunday was Erie or Edinboro. But can't remember the other if we did one. Have to find my card somewhere with the schedule.

Anyway something to bug me tonight......

OK, just found Rons video podcast of the corps. Have heard the audio part before but this one has some neat pics including 1974 pic I have somewhere.

Question I have to Ben and whoever is at the 8:13 mark there is a pic of 1979 (new unis but still shakos) of a daylight show (trophies in the front) but no idea where. We did two(?) sat night Sun afternoon shows and one Sunday was Erie or Edinboro. But can't remember the other if we did one. Have to find my card somewhere with the schedule.

Anyway something to bug me tonight......

Could have been Lewistown also...IIRC, the show was rained out for Saturday (and I remember staying at the Gross's watching DCI championship, drinking many Stroh's, and eating Bavarian Hot Dogs) and they had it on Sunday afternoon. Seeing that the photo was (probably) taken by Ruth, I'd be willing to bet it's Lewistown.

Could have been Lewistown also...IIRC, the show was rained out for Saturday (and I remember staying at the Gross's watching DCI championship, drinking many Stroh's, and eating Bavarian Hot Dogs) and they had it on Sunday afternoon. Seeing that the photo was (probably) taken by Ruth, I'd be willing to bet it's Lewistown.

Yeah thought about that one after I went to bed.... :doh:/> And the stadium was in the middle of a residential area, probably it. LOL, that was the day of the Dauphin monsoon parade and rode back home with Benny. Walked in the door at home to hear not-so-reliable Steve Rondinero say "after tonight some of these people can never do drum corps again". Had to go outside to scream obscenities.... "If I'm not doing ####### DC just what the #### am I ###### doing Steve ####### R". IIRC my clothes were still pretty damp.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Yeah thought about that one after I went to bed.... :doh:/>/> And the stadium was in the middle of a residential area, probably it. LOL, that was the day of the Dauphin monsoon parade and rode back home with Benny. Walked in the door at home to hear not-so-reliable Steve Rondinero say "after tonight some of these people can never do drum corps again". Had to go outside to scream obscenities.... "If I'm not doing ####### DC just what the #### am I ###### doing Steve ####### R". IIRC my clothes were still pretty damp.

I actually think that my icon picture here is from that same show..Calling Boom Boom...you can give us the official word on this?!?!?!

Yeah...stupid rain on our parades! :tongue: Nothing like playing a wet timpani with the head about 8-10 inches from your face! maybe that's why I like to scuba dive :doh:

meanwhile, stuck somewhere in 1982....

where were we? winning, losing?

where were we? winning, losing?

Read back a little...there was a mention of rookie talent night, and some of the corps camp exploits...not sure WHEN in 1982 it stopped....I remember Clifton, and on up to Scranton or wherever the heck they gave out the medals, and we ended up losing to the Hurcs for the "regional"...also the Canadian tour....there's a lot of fuzzy memories there...yikes!!!

I remember Larry stopping the busses about an hour before the border and told us to get rid of any potentially illegal substances we might be "smuggling" and that these border guards were going to "mean business" ($1. to the guy on the lawyer commercial :tongue: ) The bad thing was Larry DIDN'T tell us HOW to get rid of them, and...well thank GOD that George only wanted us to open the windows to air the place out :blink:....

Uncle Norm met the border guard when he bus door opened and when he was asked if everyone on the bus was an American Citizen he responded with "you're God d*mn right!" :thumbup: I also remember that they sat on Rob Soop so he wouldn't say anything we'd all regret :devil: ...

Canada was fun! Finally getting to see a DCI championship live, and drinking a LOT of beer in Olympic Stadium! I was telling my wife about it recently, and said we had seats like two rows from the top, but we kept tipping the beer guy, and he kept coming up! Drank a LOT of beer that trip! It was also the first time I sat at a bar and drank (legally)

At the show on Sunday afternoon, I also remember hanging out with Sun's tenor line, and having a good time with them trading licks, and jamming the "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" tenor solo..they were surprised I knew it and could play it.

Not sure how we dropped in score from the week before...maybe we all drank too much at DCI...but we lost our second show of the year to Sun (no biggie) and SKY?!?! wow.... :doh:

Unless W has more to offer... I think we're at Prelims/Finals

I think there may have been a show or 2 between Montreal and finals weekend, but not more than that