The history of the Westshoremen

Oh, man.  Bruce, Buddy, and Terry would pull up and the cloud of ciggy smoke would pour out of Terry's Lincoln when they opened the doors. I know I was amazed. Mike was, too. We just kind of stared incredulously that there was that freakin' much smoke in the car to do that.

Bruce had a big heart, a good heart. He bled Black, White, and Blue, and no one would ever have questioned that. He was one of us, and made corps a brighter place when things got too heavy or too serious and weight got on us.

God Bless you, Bruce.

loved Bruce. one of the guys who let "little Wally" hang around and not try to be something other than themselves.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2017 at 3:58 PM, BigW said:

The question is Scott, Where did you go? Been thinking about you for quite awhile and hope you're okay.

Ran into John Stauffer at the Turkey Hill up near 22/39, he's looking great!

More later on something a tad exciting for me, been waiting about 20 years or more to get a hold of something like this and it's not a British-style Baritone, either. :laugh:

I'm fine.  Came off the road in 2014 so now I work as a security guard.  I don't miss the weather but I do miss the places we found that had great food.  

I'm still stunned and speechless about Bruce, RIP my friend!

On 2/17/2017 at 0:39 AM, Jeff Ream said:

loved Bruce. one of the guys who let "little Wally" hang around and not try to be something other than themselves.

Wow. Jeff, he was that way with everyone. You were who you were and he always respected that. One of those lessons you learned growing up at Westshore whether you were looking for them or not.

Played for Church today, and they had a segment where they played "What a Friend We Have in Jesus"....

I can't sing anything past the title, because the only lyrics I know are the "Westshoremen approved" lyrics. I know most of you get what was going through my mind there. :whistle:

I think I heard Jesus chuckle. After all according to the Westshore version he is our pal. :satisfied:

• Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 2:37 PM, BigW said:

Wow. Jeff, he was that way with everyone. You were who you were and he always respected that. One of those lessons you learned growing up at Westshore whether you were looking for them or not.

well...but....remember in your years with the corps, i went from kid to just starting puberty. Many people did try to ...uh....behave when they saw me around. Good lord I rode busses with the Rebels at age 5. Ralph and Dottie used to give people hell if they saw us seeing the corps be the corps. Bruce didnt care

Hmm, I know if Dottie thought someone was way out of line she'd raise Cain but the jerkery had to be by our standards, really out of control spectacular. There were only a few of us who could go there. Ain't saying who, we all know.

Dottie and Ralph never had to yell at me. My guess is that with my upbringing I was taught to be very kind and very respectful to folks that could be my Parents or Grandparents and if I wasn't, A, I was flat out wrong and B, there would be serious heck to pay for it later.

I have to say I know I made them both laugh. I wasn't bad, just awkward and goofy. :laugh:

Watch yourselves at the Turkey Hill on Mountain Rd (aka off 22/39). My old man might be buying gas or lottery there. Always b-words about the traffic...

I used to head there when the youth group I worked with was based at St.Thomas UCC. I'd get gas or a drink sometimes, I don't think I encountered your Dad. :satisfied:

Right now we're operating out of Save Point, a nice little game store in Lemoyne next to Korealicious.

If you two did meet it was 1979 or so.

Sad timing thou as dad passed last night. Went to dinner, got home and got something from the garage. Between the garage and house his heart went. If there is a way you want to go this is it. Only found out as I call every Thursday and he didn't answer.

So if you see my name in the Patriots Obits.... it ain't me.....