THANK YOU !

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about Phantom 03 being overrated. Most people realize the visuals are a little sloppy, but from a musical standpoint they had a lot of brass intonation issues and the guard was bleh.

Then give me intonation issues and a bleh guard every year, cause that show had musical emotion and had me from Regiment you may take the field. I was surpirsed at how many repsonses came back. Your welcome to the Cadet also. We have quarreled on here before but I will give mad props to your 03 performance.

I have to agree that 2003 was a great year for DCI as far as good, entertaining shows go. Phantom's show was really enjoyable for me until I started listening and watching closer. Sometimes the tuning and tone quality of the brass performance keeps me from listening for very long, which means I don't always make it to the reprise of Sanctus (I knew it wasn't a true version of Canon! But I never really knew what to call it...) which in my mind is the only reason to sit through the rest of the show. (and its never the same if you just skip right to the end, I need the build up of the whole show for it to be effective)

Its always hilarious to watch "flaming" on the forums... and sometimes participate :thumbup:

Edited by BlooContraGuy