Hi from Scotland......

My abiding memory of 86 was us winning high percussion at every show we entered inc. prelims..... but not finals!!! 1986 was our last year in DCUK. In 1987 we dropped out when the powers that be raised the marching age to 25.

You'll need to remind me, my memory of 86 and "that result" is a little hazy now but I seem to remember you guys came from nowhere to tie and the whole result was surrounded in controversy.

I hear Dagenham have got some ex members back together, good on them.

Sadly, my memories of that year are a bit hazy except for some specifics. I don't remember any placements except for the tie at finals, winning drums AND horns, John Broom (one of DCUK's VPs at the time) attempting to pull me from the line as we prepared to head into the stadium for finals because I refused to let him break ranks (come on...the cymbals were at the end of the line...all he had to do was walk a few feet back), things like that.

And yeah, the alums went out at UK finals this year....I think the vid's up on YouTube (plug in Dagenham Crusaders 2009)...looked and sounded VERY nice...and in the old BD-style unis!

Edited by 84BDsop

• 4 weeks later...

calm down sam! The 'we' is me and my lovely wife. A whole month in the states taking in DCI finals and hopefully a DCA show. Other things planned too!

I wouldn't march Dag either. I'm a Northern lad so it would be Conquest/ Northern Alliance/ Warrington Corps Alumni or nothing!

I remember Jim very well. In the early days he taught most of our brass how to play... he also gave me photography lessons.

We have an ex-members facebook site and there's at least one photo of Jimmy, he's far right in this one.....

Jimmy Henderson Photo

I never did reply to 3rd Glasgow BB and thank him for the staff picture definitely including my friend Jim Henderson on the far right... Thank you so much... Fond memories for sure... I believe his daughter still lives very close to me...

calm down sam! The 'we' is me and my lovely wife. A whole month in the states taking in DCI finals and hopefully a DCA show. Other things planned too!

I wouldn't march Dag either. I'm a Northern lad so it would be Conquest/ Northern Alliance/ Warrington Corps Alumni or nothing!

Hello from New York! Is this someone who marched Conquest/Northern Alliance/Warrington??

As to the tie between Conquest Alliance and Dagenham in 1986 . . my understanding is that they went down all the tiebreakers, but there were not enough to break the tie. A tie is a tie. Conquest or Dagenham, Dagenham or Conquest. These were exciting, great seasons that would not have been as exciting without either corps/

Crazy thing is that we got back to US for DCA competition, and there was a tie at prelims in 1986 . . and a tie at DCA Finals in 1988. . .