DCI Direct

Apparently you dont understand how a survey works. It is nothing like giving out free stuff, so that example makes no sense.

Look - you can analyze my posting in threads about LOS, and they have been very negative, both towards the stadium, and DCI's response. I also understand that their customer service was poor in your case...but I dont find this form letter, or the survey to really be the problem here.

My example was in how the communication about the survey was made (no indication of who would/wouldn't be included). It was an error in communicating what I should expect. I understand it was an error. Again, that isn't what bothers me. What bothers me is that I was sent a form letter instead of something that acknowledges they heard what I had to say. I assumed erroneously that I would get a chance to put that information in the survey. I did not get that opportunity, so I am left feeling that my voice was not heard.

I'm astonished by the arrogance of some on here. :worthy: I don't know how a survey works? How do you know what I do and don't know.? I do not have a degree in statistics and don't profess to be an expert at every aspect of surveying, but I do have knowledge of how surveys are conducted and have a minor in math so I understand the basics of error and statistical significance. I have been in charge of issuing lots of surveys in my job. In each case, they have gone to every user, every member, etc. The point is to get the voice of the customer. Statistically, more people will fill out the survey when they have had a negative experience. You don't have to eliminate people from the survey pool in order to remove this bias, you account for it in your results. In this case I assume the size of those surveyed was adjusted as a matter of the expense of a third party conducting it. I understand that too.

Thanks for your assumptions on what I do and don't know. It is a reminder to me of how assumptions made by others on what is communicated can be incorrect. Just like mine was on the email I got.

Edited by Wadep66

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your assumptions on what I do and don't know. It is a reminder to me of how assumptions made by others on what is communicated can be incorrect. Just like mine was on the email I got.

Oh boohoo....dont get all trumped up on what people 'assume' about you. Its an internet forum...people dont know eachother personally, therefore they go by what they can...in this case, the persons writing. IF I ROTE ALL MY P()STS LIEK THISSS!!1!, you would either assume I was an idiot, a 12 year old, or just a person with no respect for grammar, and you would probably call it like you see it. If I then responded by saying I was an english professor, and displayed righteous indignation that you would assume that about me, then we might have a funny little situation here.

Look...again, I agree with 99% of what you said. I havent been the stadium yet, so its hard for me to go all the way on this, but it just sounds like its a bad experience. I also agree that DCI customer service is not up to par in many cases. I even agree that if DCI should have responded to you concerns in some way....survey or not. The only thing I disagree with is that the form letter sent to you by DCI indicated that you would be getting a survey. Yeah...they should have addressed your concerns better than they did, but thats it...no need to pile it on.