DCI Direct

You folks who are bent out of shape because you weren’t invited to take the survey might want to take a chill pill instead.

First of all, as I said in another thread, surveys are supposed to be randomized. You don’t invite yourself to participate because that might skew the results. You weren’t part of the random sample. Big whup.

Second and more important relates to the big whup. You don’t have to take the survey to share your opinion. If you have something you think DCI should know, send them a letter and tell them. The funny thing is that’s probably a better way to convey your thoughts because your words won’t be filtered through some statistician (as they will be in the survey).

The survey is a tool. It’s not a magic wand. And it’s over. So let’s move on.

HH

Maybe you missed it when I said that they told me they would send me a survey on the phone. They could have told it was random and I would not get one but they actually gave me a date to expect it. So no

And I did write 3 letters and nothing, no reply, no follow up

In sales, the above is unthinkable. I log every one of my sales at the point of sales for a follow up call, then a touch call and then a reminder to approach them again when they are about due in the sales cycle….at the bare minimum

I’m not suggesting they do that for every ticket sold but they should be doing it for their Friends. Sales is about relationships and my sales rep, the face of the DCI to me, was hugely disappointing

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's. And your money is as valuable as anyone else's. But I'm Bob Jacobs or any other DCI official and I'm writing you off.

I'm writing you off because it sounds as if there is nothing we can do to please you.

The money-back guarantee isn't happening because it's not a sustainable business option. Moving to Bloomington or any other stadium isn't happening because we haven't given up on Lucas Oil providing an overall positive experience for fans attending. Trying to explain to you how we've identified the issues, are taking them seriously and are hopeful for a resolution that you will accept isn't working because you choose to be cynical and dismissive - anything other than supportive or even patient.

So if I'm a DCI official, I thank you for your opinion, I note its validity, but I don't listen anymore because I can't help you. I turn my attention to the other fans because I recognize the opportunity to make a difference for someone - someone else.

HH

That is simply untrue as I’m sure my buying history with DCI shows. They do keep client profiles, right? It is unique that I have not bought my tickets for 2010, their records should show that and it should indicate that I have been pleased several years prior as a repeat customer.

It would also be wrong to write me off because I represent a larger demographic within DCI. At finals, a lot of people look like me I'm the 40 year old with money to drop on this stuff, the long time loyal fan that kept coming back regardless until now. I’m also usually go with at least 4 other people each year, even more some years. And out of the 5 of us from last year, none of us plan to go back but I am the only one addressing it. The others are more, 'whatever…we’ll just walk away, let us know if they fix it Cow.' Its just a few hours drive for us as opposed to when we all flew out to California and we still don’t deem it worthwhile due to the sound. As and Org, I’d want to know why were dropping customers

You folks who are bent out of shape because you weren’t invited to take the survey might want to take a chill pill instead.

First of all, as I said in another thread, surveys are supposed to be randomized. You don’t invite yourself to participate because that might skew the results. You weren’t part of the random sample. Big whup.

Second and more important relates to the big whup. You don’t have to take the survey to share your opinion. If you have something you think DCI should know, send them a letter and tell them. The funny thing is that’s probably a better way to convey your thoughts because your words won’t be filtered through some statistician (as they will be in the survey).

The survey is a tool. It’s not a magic wand. And it’s over. So let’s move on.

HH

Actually I did write a email to DCI with my concerns upon my return from Indy.

Myself and others who wrote letters/emails to DCI in the first week or so after finals received emails stating DCI would be doing a survey and we would be hearing from them.

It was DCI who told me I would hear from them and then I didn't. I sent a follow up email and was told they weren't finished yet and made it sound like I would still hear from them about the survey. I never did.

If they had stated the survey would be random or that our letters would be included in the survey results or something else that would be fine. But THEY said I would hear from them and didn't follow up.

By not including customers who complained about Lucas Oil in the survey wouldn't DCI be the ones scewing the results in their favor?

Edited by shawn craig

No one ever said DCI was or should be the not-for-profit version of a sophisticated multinational corporation pioneering the best practices in customer service. So even if you’re right to feel wronged by the promises of some under-informed staffer who responded incorrectly, is this really a federal case?

Some of you wrote letters and received no response. Isn’t it just possible there is no response to give yet? Jacobs just told us the process is still under way, maybe just getting started. The DCI staff is small, so which is more important? Answer each of you individually? Or try to solve the problem?

I think you’d have a hard time convincing most of us that DCI hasn’t adequately heard the complaints about Lucas Oil. The Jacobs column demonstrates quite well, I think, that this is a serious issue which DCI is addressing seriously.

It goes without saying that all of us have every right to withhold judgment on DCI’s response to the problem until we hear what it sounds like in August. That’s the truth. I think, however, it also goes without saying to conclude that is DCI clearly is listening. That’s what matters now.

HH

Edited by glory

...And out of the 5 of us from last year, none of us plan to go back but I am the only one addressing it...

Are you addressing it? Or are you issuing impossible ultimatums? There will be no money-back guarantee. The venue won't change. Will you attend and give DCI a chance to improve for you? If so, then you're in DCI's focus. If not, there are others to whom they must turn.

HH

Give it some time; I can't speak for Bob directly, but he hasn't been shy about posting on here, especially in the Open class forums.

I think if we use the threads that these articles generate as the basis for pointed questions . . .and not as an excuse to villify DCI (and I've certainly done my part over the years with that on here, heh) . . .then maybe we can work on getting specifics delivered. We all have to meet in the middle somewhere along the way, though.

In regards to LOS, I think it's certainly not too much to ask to know specifically what is being done, who is being contracted to do it, and what their timeframe and hoped outcome will be.

The sound situation peeved a lot of people. Rightfully so.

This, then, can be an olive branch on either side to try to muddle through some of the misconceptions and mistrusts that might be held.

The sound issues are well known and well documented here and elsewhere. Now, the ball is in DCI's court, so let's see what they do. This is a great opportunity to make some headway on the issue with a concerned fanbase . . . or to drive people away by only giving generic platitudes.

We're only a day in right now; let's see what happens as the off-season (and these new lines of communication) progresses along.

Bob is definitely not shy about being honest, even for a marketing guy :thumbup:

let's face it....if you expected concrete fixes in place about the sound by now, you're living in another world. Remember, the building's main tenant is in season...you're athe mercy of their schedule. And to be honest, I wouldn't expect anything to be formally announced til spring. It takes time for many reasons

1) money...who is paying for what? What is DCI's share? Indy's share? Remember, while DCI knows fans are ######...they don't own the building. I hope tho, that if there are future issues, that the if the building is the one dragging their feet, they get held publicly accountable for it. Personally, if I were DCI ad Indy, I'd get BOA in on this too.

2) finding the right place to work on it. While there may only be, say 4/5 companies who excel in this field, you want to do due diligence and make sure you get the right one for the job. One can hope that cost is only a part of what determines the right one.

3) patience. My god we've become such a "fix it now" mentality in this country. Sorry gang....an issue of this magnitude isn't an easy fix. Sure inside DCI, you can get stuff moving fast, but it isn't DCI alone. You're also dealing with local and state politics, and who knows maybe even federal...and God knows we all know how slow things can go when waiting for politicians to get #### done even at a half ###ed level

I purchased tickets and attended finals in the oil can and did not receive the survey. I also emailed DCI asking about the survey. They said they hadn't gotten to every yet and to wait.

I"M STILL WAITING!

i emailed to so I could send to the guys that bought my tix since I couldn't go. never got a reply

No one ever said DCI was or should be the not-for-profit version of a sophisticated multinational corporation pioneering the best practices in customer service. So even if you’re right to feel wronged by the promises of some under-informed staffer who responded incorrectly, is this really a federal case?

Some of you wrote letters and received no response. Isn’t it just possible there is no response to give yet? Jacobs just told us the process is still under way, maybe just getting started. The DCI staff is small, so which is more important? Answer each of you individually? Or try to solve the problem?

I think you’d have a hard time convincing most of us that DCI hasn’t adequately heard the complaints about Lucas Oil. The Jacobs column demonstrates quite well, I think, that this is a serious issue which DCI is addressing seriously.

It goes without saying that all of us have every right to withhold judgment on DCI’s response to the problem until we hear what it sounds like in August. That’s the truth. I think, however, it also goes without saying to conclude that is DCI clearly is listening. That’s what matters now.

HH

no offense...but any business that wants to be smart shouldn't tell people one thing, and then not deliver.

thats not just a best business practice....that's just plain common sense. My experiences with DCI, as a former Friend and long time buyer shows they usually have this.

I do think the LOS issues overwhelmed them. I won't disagree there. But if you're going to tell people to expect something, you should deliver.

no offense...but any business that wants to be smart shouldn't tell people one thing, and then not deliver.

thats not just a best business practice....that's just plain common sense. My experiences with DCI, as a former Friend and long time buyer shows they usually have this.

I do think the LOS issues overwhelmed them. I won't disagree there. But if you're going to tell people to expect something, you should deliver.

They are delivering - in the form of this column. That's the point, not that a few people are disappointed they didn't get to participate in the survey. You said it yourself: DCI usually delivers.

HH

Edited by glory

They are delivering - in the form of this column. That's the point, not that a few people are disappointed they didn't get to participate in the survey. You said it yourself: DCI usually delivers.

HH

but as pointed out, usually isn't always.and if you intend to do a random survey, you don't tell people that contact you to expect the survey if you aren't 100% sure those folks are getting it. that's just..well..misleading.