2010 Open Class Predictions

3rd&10

The picking are slim.

1. BDB - easily repeat

2. Spartans - apply the adjectives from 2009 Citations

3. Oregon - I smell a comback

4. Revolution - they are a good brass arranger away from being top 3

5. Raiders - as long as they don't lose members to their All Age Mini Corps, or the Sr corps in the area, or the World Class Jr corps in the area.

6. Music City - just a hunch based on the signs they showed as a first yr corps.

7. Legends - maybe just a tad more engaging program?

8. 7th Regiment - mature program last year, now need more bodies

9. Velvet Knights - no progress unless they learn how to march and recruit a guard & staff

10. Dutch Boy - see #3

11 Forte - why does a corps from Texas (the hotbed of membership) need to hold camps any place their staff has ever lived, taught or bought a postcard from.

12. Colt Cadets - welcome to finals!

13. Racine - highest finish ever

14. Stentors - see above

15. Blue Saints - first time in semis

16. Spirit of NJ - if they dont compete in DCA, DCE or BOA

So my question is, do they revise the finals week format to remove the semi finals show if there are less than 17 corps or will there be in influx of new corps competing in Open Class?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we missing the Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets?

So my question is, do they revise the finals week format to remove the semi finals show if there are less than 17 corps or will there be in influx of new corps competing in Open Class?

First of all, I think it's premature to talk of eliminating a round of open-class competition. There may still be a prelim cut in 2010, depending on how many new/prospective corps add into the tour.

But even if not, fact remains that the corps want three championship-week performances.

The picking are slim.

4. Revolution - they are a good brass arranger away from being top 3

An interesting observation, but I actually thought their music last year was some of the best written for them in a long while. And, didn't they have someone new arranging last year?

I actually thought it was the brass execution that was suffering.

That being said, I do think they could be in top-3 this year...but I also think they need to play with a lot better brass tone quality.

They are not attending finals this year - they typically only attend finals every other year.

Although they did go to finals for three years in a row ('07, '08, and '09).

Blue Devils B just had a workshop last weekend. They showed tremendous momentum from last year and sound as if they would be ready to start the season now. As long as their members don't grow complacent, they should take the title once again.

As for the rest of the results, I can not guess, for last year's final results were very unexpected. I do have hunch that Capital Regiment will be up there though.

Blue Devils B just had a workshop last weekend. They showed tremendous momentum from last year and sound as if they would be ready to start the season now. As long as their members don't grow complacent, they should take the title once again.

As for the rest of the results, I can not guess, for last year's final results were very unexpected. I do have hunch that Capital Regiment will be up there though.

Just an FYI, in case you didn't know.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=132581

Yea, I know. I did too. Very sad to hear.