2010 Open Class Predictions

3rd&10

Although they (SCVC) did go to finals for three years in a row ('07, '08, and '09).

Four years in a row. You left out 2006. Other than that four-year streak, they had been making every-other-year trips since 1998. And there's no way they were going to miss the 2008 championships in California.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four years in a row. You left out 2006. Other than that four-year streak, they had been making every-other-year trips since 1998. And there's no way they were going to miss the 2008 championships in California.

wasn't that 2007?

You say Forte has a problem with membership...

We have 500 people on facebook ALONE on the interest page. The camps outside of texas were for the sole purpose of giving people all around the country a way to audition. Some people can't afford travel expenses. (I sure as heck can't.)

Forte has plenty of members coming in. Revising you reason for us getting 11th is probably a good idea.

Oh and Spartans will not get 2nd unless the percussion from Citation improves exponentially. They got 12th in Finals, if you didn't notice.

Haha this makes me laugh...only one corps from top 5 will be back next year. Oh well, BDB 2010 OC Champions cuz I am sure no one will catch them. The only corps(plural) that had a shot won't be at finals.

You say Forte has a problem with membership...

We have 500 people on facebook ALONE on the interest page. The camps outside of texas were for the sole purpose of giving people all around the country a way to audition. Some people can't afford travel expenses. (I sure as heck can't.)

Forte has plenty of members coming in. Revising you reason for us getting 11th is probably a good idea.

Oh and Spartans will not get 2nd unless the percussion from Citation improves exponentially. They got 12th in Finals, if you didn't notice.

Assuming they are as good as the Citations were last year overall...who will beat them?

Did anyone happen to notice something about Citations??? I won't blast on them cuz we were 5th but here's what the recap shows...

1. The colorguard should be getting a lot of THANK YOU cards from the corps members. A clear 1 point+ gap between them and 2nd place. Their guard was amazing

2. Their visual program was great, finishing 2nd in everything almost. That was great too.

3. Their brass finished 8th while their drums came in 11th. Their visual held them up

And it's sad too since now they're also inactive too.

Edited by Blake13

Assuming they are as good as the Citations were last year overall...who will beat them?

That's a HUGE assumption.

They aren't the Citations anymore. That will reduce the number of vets coming back, more than likely. Most of them will probably go WC.

Don't just assume that the corps is going to get so much interest. The lack of percussion will make an impact.

EDIT: I'm not trying to slam them, and of course I hope they are successful. But don't just assume that they're going to pick up where Citations left off.

Edited by wturner901

I don't see Impulse on there anywhere :thumbs-up:

I don't see Impulse on there anywhere :thumbs-up:

The only California corps traveling east are BDB and VK. SCVC is traveling to San Antonio but no further. Incognito has stated on their website that they are attending finals but the DCI schedule does not list them at any shows outside the West Coast.