"Drum Corps Champions Musketeers" Vinyl

OK, blew some of my Christmas money on an old record album. Album is called "Drum Corps Champions - Musketeers" and has some sort of music group :tongue: on the cover. Figured if the vinyl was unplayable at least I could hang the album cover on the wall. Ended up putting the record on my CD burner and got the whole thing recorded. Lot of pops, hisses and cracks but no skips waht so ever. :hmmm:

Anyway trying to find out more about this album. Sounds like a studio recording but no copyright year is on it. Last year mentioned is 1962(?) so guess it's a pre-season 1963(?) recording. Don't have the album with me right now so can't list the songs for the present. Cool/different part is the last track has the members singing the corps song. :hmmm:

If anyone can fil in the blanks it would be greatly appreciated. Now I have to dig up another album I bought years ago with the wrong jacket. Filling in the pieces of history can be fun. :blink:

PS - Wonder if Mr Jimbalaya is on the cover.... and where....

Edit: Yeah, yeah I know it's Archie.... forgot to mention that. :doh:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, blew some of my Christmas money on an old record album. Album is called "Drum Corps Champions - Musketeers" and has some sort of music group :tongue: on the cover. Figured if the vinyl was unplayable at least I could hang the album cover on the wall. Ended up putting the record on my CD burner and got the whole thing recorded. Lot of pops, hisses and cracks but no skips waht so ever. :hmmm:

Anyway trying to find out more about this album. Sounds like a studio recording but no copyright year is on it. Last year mentioned is 1962(?) so guess it's a pre-season 1963(?) recording. Don't have the album with me right now so can't list the songs for the present. Cool/different part is the last track has the members singing the corps song. :hmmm:

If anyone can fil in the blanks it would be greatly appreciated. Now I have to dig up another album I bought years ago with the wrong jacket. Filling in the pieces of history can be fun. :blink:

Is there a recording of "Stella By Starlight" on it? It's a baritone quartet featuring John "Suitcase" Simpson. He's some hayseed out of Nebraska that Colonel "C" picked up and put in his Air Force Drum & Bugle Corps when he was stationed down in Washington, D.C.

Edited by NYSkyliner

Is there a recording of "Stella By Starlight" on it? It's a baritone quartet featuring John "Suitcase" Simpson. He's some hayseed out of Nebraska that Colonel "C" picked up and put in his Air Force Drum & Bugle Corps when he was stationed down in Washington, D.C.

'Fraid not Mike. Off the top of my head it's the Archie field show plus 2 or so numbers I never heard before (Paree and ???). Usual stuff is National Emblem, Stars & Stripes, some "Camelot", South Rampart and forget the rest.

Just checked Preserve Our Corps History and Glen has Archie studio recording for 1962. Possibly I have the same thing but need to check the recording length. So maybe this was a 1962 post season recording.

LOL, have the Bolling Field recordings thanks to USAF Alumni in Hanover. Love listening to Simpsons solos (think that's him on "Summertime")....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

That USAF Alum wouldn't be Mr. Zarfoss would it? :blink:

Ding, ding, ding.... winnah.... :tongue:

Just saw him Sunday at practice but didn't get a chance to talk to him....

Is Cossetti the guy in the 3rd rank without a horn ???

i had an old archie recording back in the 60's. it had a pick of the corps on the starting ling on the album cover. it was great. it was from a fiels show. on the other side it had some of the best archie tunes the ever did. you can even hear jim mcconky counting out the start of concert. was a great album.

OK, blew some of my Christmas money on an old record album. Album is called "Drum Corps Champions - Musketeers" and has some sort of music group :tongue: on the cover. Figured if the vinyl was unplayable at least I could hang the album cover on the wall. Ended up putting the record on my CD burner and got the whole thing recorded. Lot of pops, hisses and cracks but no skips waht so ever. :music:

Anyway trying to find out more about this album. Sounds like a studio recording but no copyright year is on it. Last year mentioned is 1962(?) so guess it's a pre-season 1963(?) recording. Don't have the album with me right now so can't list the songs for the present. Cool/different part is the last track has the members singing the corps song. :ph34r:

If anyone can fil in the blanks it would be greatly appreciated. Now I have to dig up another album I bought years ago with the wrong jacket. Filling in the pieces of history can be fun. :cool:

You have an album that was resorded in a NYC studio in 1962. Cover pic should be an overhead shot taken from a ladder truck at a fireman's parade

I'm sure Jim Cossetti, who remembers everything ca n fill in more of the blanks

Ken newman

• 3 weeks later...
You have an album that was resorded in a NYC studio in 1962. Cover pic should be an overhead shot taken from a ladder truck at a fireman's parade

I'm sure Jim Cossetti, who remembers everything ca n fill in more of the blanks

Ken newman

Sorry Ken I missed this early. Yes this is the album and thanks for the info on the pic. Looks a lot better than the 1974 Westshoremen shot I have that was taken from the roof of one of the buses.