"Drum Corps Champions Musketeers" Vinyl

OK Jimmy..........the album you got was a re-release of our '62 album recorded at Bell Sound Studios in NYC 11/62. The original did have John Simpson's 'Stella...', but they kicked it and one other cut in the follow up. Can't remember if the other was 'Speak Low'? Funny you should mention 'Paree'. That was the original corps song of the junior corps of Post 979. I got the words from my old friend Dave Ward, whose parents were the directors.

The cover was the 2nd choice from the firemen's parade and the least 'balanced' of the two. Notice the blanks and the guys without instruments. The opther shot was in a concert formation. That's Bud Johnson out front as DM.

Glad to be of help.........if you want a good copy let me know

Jim

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, that was NOT me without the horn.........would never be caught without my Getzen powerbore

Thanks Jim... I owe a good brewski when I see you.

A RE-RELEASE of an album? LOL that's why I ask here to get the full story. Will have to post the songs when I get home to check. May add to the story...

"Paree" was from the Jr corps??? Take it that was the pre-WWII group and will have to listen again.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Hmmmmmmmmm..............hey, I mis-spoke...........it wasn't 'Paree'.........I'll haveta look (find) the albums I have to confirm what number was THE 1932 corps' theme,,,,,,,,,I feel like such a schmuck..........it was the one where the sops played an obligato over the bari melody at an mp.............can you help me here Kenny Newman??????

Thanks Jim... I owe a good brewski when I see you.

A RE-RELEASE of an album? LOL that's why I ask here to get the full story. Will have to post the songs when I get home to check. May add to the story...

"Paree" was from the Jr corps??? Take it that was the pre-WWII group and will have to listen again.

The tune for the Post 979 Jr. Corps corps song was 'Romance/ (not 'My Romance' from team green) and it was on the album as were April in Paris, Flower Drum Song and many more...........

I have that vinyl too in excellent shape along with many others.......nope not for sale. :ph34r:

I think I've gone thru 20 turntables in the last 40 years too. That's treally the only way to listen, unless you hear the scratches, you miss the memories.

I also have that album. I remember buying it in a local Sam Goody record/music store in Valley Stream, LI. It was the only retail store I knew of that carried Fleetwood drum corps records and others, like this Archie recording. They had a bin for 'Marches/Bands/Drum Corps' and I must have bought well over a dozen records there over the course of about 6 or 7 years, including my first-ever corps album: 'Bugles Up!' with Sac, Garfield, St. Kevin's and the Cavaliers.

Reading this and thinking about it make me want to go play them, but my old turntable needs a new needle, and I haven't yet figured out how to hook-up and operate the new USB turntable I received as a Christmas present. My desktop computer is 'sick' with a virus. Time to go shopping!

I also have that album. I remember buying it in a local Sam Goody record/music store in Valley Stream, LI. It was the only retail store I knew of that carried Fleetwood drum corps records and others, like this Archie recording. They had a bin for 'Marches/Bands/Drum Corps' and I must have bought well over a dozen records there over the course of about 6 or 7 years, including my first-ever corps album: 'Bugles Up!' with Sac, Garfield, St. Kevin's and the Cavaliers.

Reading this and thinking about it make me want to go play them, but my old turntable needs a new needle, and I haven't yet figured out how to hook-up and operate the new USB turntable I received as a Christmas present. My desktop computer is 'sick' with a virus. Time to go shopping!

Ah yes ... Sam Goody's ... Fleetwood did a pretty good job of mainstreaming their records ... though I believe Archie's studio recording was a Somerset ... I had the record also but, it's been long gone ... one of those "can I borrow that" moments ... oh well ... one of the sweetest sounding sop lines ever ... anybody up for a little Dipsy Doodle? ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

lololol.......oh yeah, The Dipsy Doodle......another push of the envelope...........yes Andy, it was a Somerset recording.....you want a cd of it?

Ah yes ... Sam Goody's ... Fleetwood did a pretty good job of mainstreaming their records ... though I believe Archie's studio recording was a Somerset ... I had the record also but, it's been long gone ... one of those "can I borrow that" moments ... oh well ... one of the sweetest sounding sop lines ever ... anybody up for a little Dipsy Doodle? ...

:-)

lololol.......oh yeah, The Dipsy Doodle......another push of the envelope...........yes Andy, it was a Somerset recording.....you want a cd of it?

i had that album years ago. i found it in the catskills someplace. but alas it got lost in a move some time ago.