Corps nicknames

We've all seen the threads about nicknames assigned to corps by others, usually with a silly or disgusting take on the corps' name. What I'd like to know are the hype nicknames. I remember Anaheim Kingsmen being referred to as "Big Blue", and I've seen Blue Devils referred to as the "Blue Crew". Everybody knows "Green Machine" referes to Cavaliers. More recently Colts have been referred to as "Red Team".

What others are out there? How do members refer to their own corps?

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard some members from Boston just call themselves the Cru. And of course, there's BAC, which could also mean Bad-*** Crusaders.

Also saw Turquoise Noise refered to as Teal Sound

I've heard of Bluecoats referring to themselves as Blue Team, but not extremely often.

Interesting. In 2008 we sometimes jokingly referred to ourselves as the Star of Ohio because most of our visual staff marched Star from around 88-92 or 93. That didn't last long.

I'd have to say that my biggest Bluecoat hype is the BLOOing.

Interesting that anyone would call any blue corps the "Blue Team" considering just how many blue corps there are.

Edited by BlooContraGuy

Interesting. In 2008 we sometimes jokingly referred to ourselves as the Star of Ohio because most of our visual staff marched Star from around 88-92 or 93. That didn't last long.

I'd have to say that my biggest Bluecoat hype is the BLOOing.

Interesting that anyone would call any blue corps the "Blue Team" considering just how many blue corps there are.

There really are A LOT of blue corps.

Christmas Team (Vanguard, in years where the uni had red green and white...which is quite a few)