Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

I'm not really in the "know" about that kind of stuff. I just know we had a pretty nice drill that year. I know he wrote it. Maybe there were payment issues or maybe Atchison made some changes he didn't like.

I looked it up, we were 5th in visual GE with a 9.7 out of 10. Beat PR.

A lot of current judges were members/instructors/designers for various corps. I noticed that Richard Saucedo, Cavies brass arranger for most of 2000s, was doing music GE at the same show. DCI obviously has a very lenient policy with regard to conflict of interest. If judges can't be objective, they should recuse themselves.

The Czapinskis are a couple that march to their own beat. Trust me you arent the only (midwestern) corps to feel like you've been underscored by them.

I used to hate it but I see it as refreshing....maybe they have a grudge or maybe they just call it as they see and dont do the "numbers management" BS that I hear so much about on this forum.

since people have been talking about how "easy" the Scouts' show is this year, and how "much more physically demanding" the other corps' shows are, I just gotta throw this out there...

look at any of Madison's shows in like the last decade. Look at how much more they are moving than anyone else. hell, in 06 members of other corps had nicknamed them "track team Madison" because of how much they were moving! score-wise, did they get more recognition for this? nope.

anyways, the show is fantastic guys! keep it up!!!

Check out the drum solo drill from 08 on high cam...that was some tough stuff.

Wow, I would not have expected the Scouts to be that close to Blue Stars...Awesome!!! Now get those percussion scores back up! Things DEFINETELY going in the right direction for Madison... :smile:

Wow, I would not have expected the Scouts to be that close to Blue Stars...Awesome!!! Now get those percussion scores back up! Things DEFINETELY going in the right direction for Madison... :smile:

They are back!

2010...good times...go Scouts :)

They are back!

When were we gone?

When were we gone?

Excellent question. My brother, please remember that your contributions in 08 and 09 set the foundation for this return to top 12 status. Without you ......... this would not be happening. Be proud of your brothers and the accolades they are receiving right now ...... the tradition carries on because of you and those who stood beside you. I'll be pulling out my alumni shirt I bought last summer (out of pride for your great efforts and the quality of product you brought to the field) in Kzoo this weekend. Maybe I'll see you there and we can cheer on the Men from Madison together!!!

IMO Madison is not back until they are back in the top 6 and kicking some BD donkey in brass. Impressive strides thus far this year for sure ... guard is solid, brass is solid, drums and visual are improviing. Let's hope the boys make Murphyfreesboro this year. In a solid 11th place right now ... I remember when 11th was an insult and a few years ago we had our fingers cross to just make top 12. Lets hope and pray 2010 was the year Madison got it's groove back and launched the march back towards dominance! There is no reason what so ever that the Scout's can't win it all given they draw the right talent and staff in the next couple of years! This year is definately rebuilding the wall of sound and the Madison brand name, ala "you fans want it ... Madison is going to bring it!"

Ya know, I've mentioned the Czapinski bias before and was mocked. But I can say I've heard this from more than a couple of people, including someone who knew them personally from judging WGI. I remember staff being concerned about them being on panel in 2005 during finals week because of their history of scoring the Scouts low on virtually every read. This was at a time when the corps was trying to hold off Bluecoats who eventually passed the Scouts on finals night to finish in 5th.

There definitely SEEMS to be something going on there.