Do You "Spin" or "Twirl"

jojo

Both. For me, spins are push or drop/easy and normal handspins. Twirling, IMO, involves some of the other movement that isn't just a set spin (tosses, butterflies and other twirling-type movements).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spin.

You spin a flag.

Wimpy girls is sparkly "bathing suit" costumes twirl a tiny little baton with rubber ends so they won't hurt themselves. (sorry, I hear it already)

Mean, strong, and talented women spin and toss rifles that have sharp metal ends on them and are capable of smashing bones of an untrained "twirler" trying to manipulate the most deadly of all equipment.

That doesn't sound too biased, does it???? :devin: :devin: :devin: :devin: :devin: :devin: :devin:

Now if we could convince DCI to do fire rifles and fire flags...

^0^

You spin a flag.

Wimpy girls is sparkly "bathing suit" costumes twirl a tiny little baton with rubber ends so they won't hurt themselves. (sorry, I hear it already)

Mean, strong, and talented women spin and toss rifles that have sharp metal ends on them and are capable of smashing bones of an untrained "twirler" trying to manipulate the most deadly of all equipment.

That doesn't sound too biased, does it???? :devin: :devin: :devin: :devin: :devin: :devin: :devin:

:P :P :P

Don't forget the "Spanish Sabres" ........although the metal is made in Germany....go figure! :huh:

Malibu:

Now yer talking above my head...what's a "Spanish Sabre"?

Sal

Malibu:

Sal

Sally,

As it states in the Fred J. Miller catalog page 182;

"Deluxe Spanish Sabres. Blade and hand guard are manufactured from the highest quality German stainless steel, heat treated to prevent breaking or bending."

They look like the real McCoy when it comes to Sabres but they cost around $175.00 each. The Northern Lights Winter Color guard as well as many others use them.

Now if we could convince DCI to do fire rifles and fire flags...

^0^

Yeah with the passing of A&E the guard could sing, "Come on baby light my fire!" ^0^

Oooo! I think you just gave someone in Drum Corps a GREAT idea!

Hey Hoppy! You readin' this? ^0^

Prob'ly shouldn't give the man any ideas.

Malibu:

Sal

Sally,

As it states in the Fred J. Miller catalog page 182;

"Deluxe Spanish Sabres. Blade and hand guard are manufactured from the highest quality German stainless steel, heat treated to prevent breaking or bending."

They look like the real McCoy when it comes to Sabres but they cost around $175.00 each. The Northern Lights Winter Color guard as well as many others use them.

So...what's the dif? Wider blades? Longer blades?

Or is it the German steel that makes it a Spanish Sabre?

:lee: