Hey, '66 Bridgeport - DCA Championship #2... I competed in that show... my first DCA Championship... safe to say... wasn't brigs... lol those black satin blouses we made the drum line wear were butt ugly...

see drum line behind me in avatar

c'mon, there's folks behind you? LOL!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I "need" written proof.

good luck with that. i think i'm the only one with written recaps going back to 67. that's as far back as i've seen anything.

Edited by donincardona

Isn't it in the Drum Corps News report of the contest, Nanci? If you don't have that issue, let me know, I might have the article clipped and saved in a scrapbook somewhere.

You've got me wondering now. I think Don is right about the Hurcs taking drums. I'm going to go look for it right now, in fact. :smile:

Bad news -- I went looking, but I don't have the 1966 DCA Championship write-up, only the A.L Nationals issue of DCW with the report from Carol Merkel.

This might interest everyone -- especially Don -- from the Legion title show: "High horn score went to the Hurricanes. There was a tie for best drum mark between the Hurcs and the Crusaders." (DCN: Vol. VI No. 17 - September 7, 1966)

This was on August 28th. The DCA Championship wasn't until September 24th, so who knows what could happen in a month. However, Hurcs had a great line that year, and I think they did take high drums at DCA. We just don't have it in print.

Sorry, Nanci!

Bad news -- I went looking, but I don't have the 1966 DCA Championship write-up, only the A.L Nationals issue of DCW with the report from Carol Merkel.

This might interest everyone -- especially Don -- from the Legion title show: "High horn score went to the Hurricanes. There was a tie for best drum mark between the Hurcs and the Crusaders." (DCN: Vol. VI No. 17 - September 7, 1966)

This was on August 28th. The DCA Championship wasn't until September 24th, so who knows what could happen in a month. However, Hurcs had a great line that year, and I think they did take high drums at DCA. We just don't have it in print.

Sorry, Nanci!

in 66 A.L. nats was when genero kicked the golden drum. that whole show was a mess. good drama though.

based on what little I can find online, and including scouring RAMD, I'm gonna say Hurcs