Tri-State Circuit Show - Conner HS

GEVisual

Only two world class units in attendance here tonight, but what a treat to see these two!

Miamisburg HS has reinvented themselves this season with what could potentially be their best unit in quite a few years. Miamisburg has traditionally been known for their excellent rifles. However, it was their sabres that really raised a few eyebrows in the audience last night. A much higher level of sophistication in equipment design will pay huge dividends a month from now. An extremely unique floor covering and a much more feminine approach are also details to be noted. Some sloppy efforts at times from the flags last evening, but the recent abundance of snow in the Cincinnati/Dayton area has played havoc with rehearsal time available. Once the technical level of the guard improves this show just might challenge for a medal. MUCH improved in the area of movement as well.

Pride of Cincinnati doesn't present as much of a "show" as they do a "happening". From the second the first member steps into the gym, the audience is transported back to Woodstock. Flowers, peace signs, beads, anti-war posters, bongo drums - it's all there helping to set the stage and more importantly the mood. Probably the most surprising aspect of this program is that it's produced WITHOUT a floor covering! Pride utilizes some blankets to cleverly conceal equipment until the moment it needs to be utilized (providing the performers more time to interact with the audience). Once the music kicks in, it's a virtual love fest extravaganza. The bulk of the show utilizes only weapons with just a sprinkling of flag work in the second half. There are some GREAT and RISKY tricks which will envoke memories of another era of our activity. The program takes an emotional turn in the second half with an EXTREMELY effective anti-war segment. The ending wasn't quite as engaging as I expected it to be, but I'm sure that portion of the program is still in development. The most engaging facet of this group is the performers themselves. They are 110% committed to their roles. No matter where this program ultimately places in Dayton, people will be talking about this production LONG after this season is over!

I (along with my kids) were thrilled to be able to witness Miamisburg High School and Pride of Cincinnati this past weekend.

Miamisburg-

WOW! Such a breath of fresh air after last year (sorry, but rome burned up last year long before WGI..). Gorgeous costumes, excellent flag writing, the sabres are glorious and the entire show was just a joy to watch!! Strong, confident, and very easy to watch. Miamisburg is truly a show I want to see again : ) WELL DONE!!

Pride of Cincinnati -

Well, again, they perform the heck out of this show! SO much better from the January 30th show. Weapons are STRONG and the ensemble dance moments are HUGE and CLEAN : ) LOVE IT!! The only thing I wish is that they'd have more flag work (or at least a flag that is more interesting to look at then the bland, beige flag they have now... ). WGI is going to be VERY interesting : )