WGI Scores...agree or disagree?

There is some crazy stuff going on out there at theses regionals today ...............................Inconsistancy seems to be an issue or topic every year BUT MANNNNNNNNNNN this year is unbeliveable. I had the privalage or misfortune on sitting in on a meeting or gathering of judges ( social ) and to hear them debate, they truly don't get it in so many ways. Even to each other. :thumbup:

More or I less I typically agree with most of the judges scores. . .but there is some craziness going on in the IA class in Indy today. Not sure what to make of it. . .you can gather your own opinions, I guess:

Dayton Regional 2/28

Independent A

1 Artistry IN BLUE (Canton, Ohio) 83.10

2 Interplay (Grand Rapids, Michigan) 79.30

3 Fairborn (Fairborn, Ohio) 78.80

4 Consortio (Cincinnati, Ohio) 77.80

5 Collage (Akron, Ohio) 76.50

6 Art 101 (Columbus, ) 75.10

(2 weeks later)

Indy Regional 3/13

1 Eclipse Independent (Saint Cloud, Minnesota) 85.90

2 Interplay (Grand Rapids, Michigan) 85.00

3 Consortio (Cincinnati, Ohio) 83.70

4 Southwind (Lexington, Kentucky) 79.40

5 Art 101 (Columbus, ) 77.90

6 Cadets of South Shore (Chicago, Illinois) 76.70

7 Fairborn (Fairborn, Ohio) 76.40

8 Velocity WG (Green Bay, Wisconsin) 76.30

I find it hard to believe that Fairborn fell 2.5 points 2 weeks later!! and furthermore. . .there was a .5 gap between them and Interplay and now there is an almost 9 point gap? Seriously???!. . .that's a clear cut case of bad numbers management!! Especially given that Fairborn was nearly the first guard to perform in prelims at Indy this morning. Whoopsie. ..right, WGI judges? :thumbup:

My reasoning for starting this discussion a couple of weeks ago was based on a guard from the Rochester Regional that was first in IA class prelims by 3.6pts. In Finals with a pretty good performance, took second by almost a point. The next week they go to Dayton and perform fairly early in IA prelims and score a 68 something. They were about 6pts out of finals. Since then I have tracked this guard within scores from the Northeast Colorguard Circuit. As of last night (2 weeks later) they are at 80.9. I know circuit to WGI things are different, but I am sure they are being tastfully critiqued within their own circuit as well. I guess my point is, I do agree timing is everything. Going on early shouldn't make a difference but it does..I do believe also judges should hold true to other judges within WGI's opinion. I think everyone is quick to assume that circuit scores can never marry up to the expertise you see at WGI...but at least you see some consistency. Fairborn's program for me is tough to read. As I am a big fan of weapons in winterguard. I do feel that what they do is tasty..but I hesitate based on I feel they are not using weapons for a reason.

Are they even going to WGI Championships?....it might give you your answer,

More or I less I typically agree with most of the judges scores. . .but there is some craziness going on in the IA class in Indy today. Not sure what to make of it. . .you can gather your own opinions, I guess:

Dayton Regional 2/28

Independent A

1 Artistry IN BLUE (Canton, Ohio) 83.10

2 Interplay (Grand Rapids, Michigan) 79.30

3 Fairborn (Fairborn, Ohio) 78.80

4 Consortio (Cincinnati, Ohio) 77.80

5 Collage (Akron, Ohio) 76.50

6 Art 101 (Columbus, ) 75.10

(2 weeks later)

Indy Regional 3/13

1 Eclipse Independent (Saint Cloud, Minnesota) 85.90

2 Interplay (Grand Rapids, Michigan) 85.00

3 Consortio (Cincinnati, Ohio) 83.70

4 Southwind (Lexington, Kentucky) 79.40

5 Art 101 (Columbus, ) 77.90

6 Cadets of South Shore (Chicago, Illinois) 76.70

7 Fairborn (Fairborn, Ohio) 76.40

8 Velocity WG (Green Bay, Wisconsin) 76.30

I find it hard to believe that Fairborn fell 2.5 points 2 weeks later!! and furthermore. . .there was a .5 gap between them and Interplay and now there is an almost 9 point gap? Seriously???!. . .that's a clear cut case of bad numbers management!! Especially given that Fairborn was nearly the first guard to perform in prelims at Indy this morning. Whoopsie. ..right, WGI judges? :tongue:

My reasoning for starting this discussion a couple of weeks ago was based on a guard from the Rochester Regional that was first in IA class prelims by 3.6pts. In Finals with a pretty good performance, took second by almost a point. The next week they go to Dayton and perform fairly early in IA prelims and score a 68 something. They were about 6pts out of finals. Since then I have tracked this guard within scores from the Northeast Colorguard Circuit. As of last night (2 weeks later) they are at 80.9. I know circuit to WGI things are different, but I am sure they are being tastfully critiqued within their own circuit as well. I guess my point is, I do agree timing is everything. Going on early shouldn't make a difference but it does..I do believe also judges should hold true to other judges within WGI's opinion. I think everyone is quick to assume that circuit scores can never marry up to the expertise you see at WGI...but at least you see some consistency. Fairborn's program for me is tough to read. As I am a big fan of weapons in winterguard. I do feel that what they do is tasty..but I hesitate based on I feel they are not using weapons for a reason.

Are they even going to WGI Championships?....it might give you your answer,

Hmm...that all sounds a little crazy... The only thing I can think about the whole Fairborn and Interplay topic is perhaps two weeks later the judges thought that Fairborn had reached it's growth potential, and in the past two weeks Interplay A has made tremendous strides?? Again, my opinion only.. I honestly haven't even seen any of them. But, you're right something doesn't add up and although I believe we tend to be rewarded more in our own circuits than on the national scene, it would be nice to have a clear picture of what "side of the planet" our guards will be on when they go to a regional; rather than being "fooled" only to realize not only were we NOT on the ride side of the planet, we WERE NO WHERE NEAR being on the planet in the first place... so to speak!

I feel your frustration as a group of my own is experiencing this once again this year. Oh well...two weeks left? LET'S GET CLEAN ! :>P