Who would you like to see in the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame?

Wes Hobby.

Best drum corps public-address announcer ever, IMO.

Fran

What Fran said goes double for me! And the man needs no introduction!

I, along with many others, believe that Maurice "Moe" Knox should be inducted into the WDCHOF. I do not know what the specific prerequisites are for induction, but Moe devoted many years of his life to preserving the memory of our activity, through his photos. I would guess he was the most prolific of any drum corps photographer, and beloved by his many fans and customers.

Moe Knox belongs in the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame. Long overdue.

I enthusiastically support the nomination and acceptance of Moe Knox as a Full Member of the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame. Moe is a man who has traveled throughout these United States, many times at his own expense, to document for posterity, the history of corps and events. He spent countless hours at field-side tables, showing his photos to spectators and participants, patiently answering all questions no matter how trite. He should be considered for Full Member status.

Mr. Knox's photos and his ambassadorship at shows has "enhanced our visual understanding of the marching world through years of drum corps photojournalism".

The WDCHOF committee passed over Moe in the selection process to the Hall of Fame, allegedly because he "made money off drum corps."

In fact, the WDCHOF has never honored anyone for photojournalism, yet honored the owners of the for-profit journals for which they too photos.

Moe Knox should be inducted.

"Who For the Hall":

MOE KNOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elphaba

May I hasten to add that before the advent of the phone camera or video ... there was Moe!

What Fran said goes double for me! And the man needs no introduction!

"Wes Hobby":

The "Voice of the World Open" way back when.

What Puppet and Fran wrote goes TRIPPLE for me.....

Elphaba

May I hasten to add that before the advent of the phone camera or video ... there was Moe!

"Moe for the Hall Part Deux":

FYI: Moe Knox was recently honored by the CITY OF BRIDGEPORT CT for his outstanding work for and with drum and bugle corps. If the Park City can see fit to honor this man, WHY NOT the WDCHOF?

Moe Knox is the Mathew Brady and Frank Capra of the drum corps activity.

Elphaba

"Moe for the Hall Part Deux":

FYI: Moe Knox was recently honored by the CITY OF BRIDGEPORT CT for his outstanding work for and with drum and bugle corps. If the Park City can see fit to honor this man, WHY NOT the WDCHOF?

Moe Knox is the Mathew Brady and Frank Capra of the drum corps activity.

Elphaba

I think they believe because Moe was paid for or sold his service it excludes him BUT Then I would say every director, staff, drum corps official, judge..should also be excluded.JMO :smile:

Ken Turner

DCI Judge + Caption Head 1980- ? Brass arranger and instructor- Southern Tier Grenadiers-What a horn line,Empire State Express, Oakland Crusaders,

Bridgemen, Phantom Regiment

Wow he was great! Should be added for certain. Southern Tier Grenadiers,,,wow!!! Fantastic Horns !!!

• 3 weeks later...

George Hopkins and David Gibbs for sure!

Completely agree.

Although the World Hall's membership has more people associated with DCA/all-age/senior/alumni drum corps than it does junior corps/DCI people (there are a number of them, including Gail Royer and Jim Jones), both those guys should be there.

"Wes Hobby":

The "Voice of the World Open" way back when.

What Puppet and Fran wrote goes TRIPPLE for me.....

Elphaba

Just catching up on this thread after a while....

It was nice to see Wes finally make it to the Hall in 2010.

Hopefully Moe will get his turn soon.