Atlanta CorpsVets - Tanning Weather

awesome video, folks!

Help me out - that segment is what you put on the field just this weekend?

Actually John, that's only a portion of what we put on last weekend. That's the beginning of movement three down to the first impact, there are another 10 or so pages that they know past that. What you see there is the ensemble rehearsal the first time we put those pages together marching and playing. That's about 40 minutes or so into that rehearsal. They didn't get the rest of the segment on film because it's percussion features and then a little bit of us backfield after that.

I TOLD you things were going to be a little different with CV this year. With a few good weekends of rehearsal, we should be okay for the first show. TON of work to do to clean the show and move it through the summer however.

Still got a sop spot (although I have been told at least two and maybe three folks are coming to audition for that), 1 contra spot, some front ensemble and plate spots and I think Victor still needs one or two more flag spots to fill out the drill.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Columbia or come on down and visit one weekend and see what the excitement is all about for yourself.

Take care, AA

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always knew I would retire from the field, but the corps & show didn't have to be this awesome the year I did it!

Time is running out to get in on the 2010 CorpsVets.

Actually John, that's only a portion of what we put on last weekend. That's the beginning of movement three down to the first impact, there are another 10 or so pages that they know past that. What you see there is the ensemble rehearsal the first time we put those pages together marching and playing. That's about 40 minutes or so into that rehearsal. They didn't get the rest of the segment on film because it's percussion features and then a little bit of us backfield after that.

I TOLD you things were going to be a little different with CV this year. With a few good weekends of rehearsal, we should be okay for the first show. TON of work to do to clean the show and move it through the summer however.

Still got a sop spot (although I have been told at least two and maybe three folks are coming to audition for that), 1 contra spot, some front ensemble and plate spots and I think Victor still needs one or two more flag spots to fill out the drill.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Columbia or come on down and visit one weekend and see what the excitement is all about for yourself.

Take care, AA

I know you; "Okay" is not going to be good enough for the first show.

Very evident that the hornline has been practicing at home and rehearsing together, and well ahead of where I would have expected them to be in April. It is going to be a great year for drum corps in the South.

I'm with Ken on this one - what I wouldn't give for one more year.

keep pushing, and see you all soon!

I know you; "Okay" is not going to be good enough for the first show.

Very evident that the hornline has been practicing at home and rehearsing together, and well ahead of where I would have expected them to be in April. It is going to be a great year for drum corps in the South.

I'm with Ken on this one - what I wouldn't give for one more year.

keep pushing, and see you all soon!

I would love to see CV get a Alumni Performance group together. Between all of the southern corps old farts and displaced NE folks in the south there sure seems like there are enough folks to get it off the ground. I would be there in a heart beat.

Take care, AA

I'm taking one of those flag spots, so that's one less spot available. I can't wait!! See you guys tomorrow!

It's time for a video!

From our website: CorpsVets 2010 Production 360, Movement III, Part 1. Sets 41-53. Recorded Sunday 4/25/10 at East Coweta MS Baseball Field. We have a trumpet spot open for an experienced quick learner as well as front ensemble and battery positions but you must contact James Wolters at info@corpsvets.org immediately for consideration.

The corps' next rehearsal weekend begins this Friday, April 30th at 9pm and continues through Sunday at 5pm.

WOW ! ...... just WOW :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Hornline sounds fantastic Ken! I have been living and working in Australia all year where there seems to be no drum corps activity at all so video samples like this are much appreciated. I hope to be home in time to get my DCA South fix at a local show this summer. Seems like all southern corps are doing well so far. Could we see three in the top ten at finals this time? :ph34r:

Hornline sounds fantastic Ken! I have been living and working in Australia all year where there seems to be no drum corps activity at all so video samples like this are much appreciated. I hope to be home in time to get my DCA South fix at a local show this summer. Seems like all southern corps are doing well so far. Could we see three in the top ten at finals this time? :ph34r:

Music City Legend is not competing this year... so that would be a big NO on 3 in finals.