Loudest Baritone line ever?

RenegadeBaritone

I challenge any baritone/euphonium player in the country to play louder than I can - and that is not a boast - ask Gillman, Nalls, Dastrup, DeMello, or Rick South.

Bring it on.

In fact four of the five people you named can make an experienced evaluation of that challenge...

Time and place, bay-bee!

Man, taking up the mighty Pooh Bear on a challenge---prepare to be humiliated and humbled dude!  I'm wearing two hearing aids now because of him shattering my ear drums! And that was just when he was warming up!!

Actually, you wouldn't need any of those folks to judge it--just have a decible meter..of course, Pooh playing would probably break the ####### thing by making that needle going to where it's never gone!

Pooh does play loud but the best thing about his playing is the beautiful, rich tone quality he plays with.   I love to hear him play.  It is a true baritone sound.  

Kudos to you, Pooh!

-Terri

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Rick marching in 2002 SCV Alumni?  Is he marching Renegades?

He is teaching SCV Alumni. He only performs standstills with the Renegades. But he may make a surprise appearance to teach the Bari line one of these days (if I can pry him out of his house).

Yes please....please....I don't know why he wouldn't want to take a couple hours some time to do it... Personally, I'd love the opportunity.

I challenge any baritone/euphonium player in the country to play louder than I can - and that is not a boast - ask Gillman, Nalls, Dastrup, DeMello, or Rick South.

Bring it on.

In fact four of the five people you named can make an experienced evaluation of that challenge...

Time and place, bay-bee!

I'll take a piece of that, too. I'd like to see how close I am (or far away).

Remember y'all, I've got time on my side.

]:-)  ]:-)  ]:-)  ]:-)  ]:-)  ]:-)  ]:-)

OK...

I think we should add a "volume" competition to I&E at Scranton. A decibel meter is easily obtainable. Have a tuner there too, and use some kind of point system so that the loudest, most in tune person wins...?

If anything, alot of people would come to watch!

Comments please!

Oh ,it is SO on.

J

"Lets rock"-- Al Bundy :P

I'd rather be known for playing in tune and flexibility - thanks - the baritone players that need a challenge know where to find me. I do not hide very well.  Royal Airs 2002.  See ya on the 50 as Greg would say.  Oh - almost forgot - what about high notes? Double C (in tune) or higher anyone? just ask Greg.... :)

I'd rather be known for playing in tune and flexibility - thanks - the baritone players that need a challenge know where to find me. I do not hide very well.  Royal Airs 2002.  See ya on the 50 as Greg would say.  Oh - almost forgot - what about high notes? Double C (in tune) or higher anyone? just ask Greg.... :)

Oh come on Pooh, loud is a good thing to be known for too!! Nothing wrong with all three! :)

I'm really proud of my dynamic range ppp to ####### loud..sure I can lose control...but loud is so much fun, until you start hyperventalating!!!!   Of course, that can be fun too!   (8-]

I wanted to thank Terri and Frank for the nice compliments - Rick South - what more can be said - this guy is a drum corps legend like Chris Nalls, Larry Dastrup, Rich Duarte, Greg Gillman and countless others in that Renegade horn line. I want to wish the Renegades a good performance this Saturday - LOUD3 - I like it.  Wish I could be there - wanted to see the Stewart Tartan Pipe Band.

Doug "pooh bear" Kenyon

Lead Fife - General Putnam's Men 1978