2010 WGI Rule Proposals

The "No rules" proposal was passed on to the board for evaluation. They'll make a decision in July. I provided a link to the proposals and the decisions made about them.

http://www.wgi.org/2010/2010CABResults.pdf

You might find it helpful.

That makes sense. But I think they will still need 2 guards. They will have more that 40 people show up for auditions.

Did the "No rules" for world guards pass??? What rules get changed?! Can they use pyro now LOL

Edited by ATXguard

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RE: Upping the max member count to 40...

Nothing in the rules - current or proposed - states that ALL MEMBERS of a guard must be on the floor performing AT ALL TIMES.

So, with that being the case, I think there could be lots of interesting opportunities for guards that have the luxury of fielding 40 members to implement their "extra" 10 members in compelling, meaningful ways visually.

Just something to think about.

Carry on...

That is true. Even with the current rules, you can have more than 30 performers, but only 30 are allowed on the floor at a time.

RE: Upping the max member count to 40...

Nothing in the rules - current or proposed - states that ALL MEMBERS of a guard must be on the floor performing AT ALL TIMES.

So, with that being the case, I think there could be lots of interesting opportunities for guards that have the luxury of fielding 40 members to implement their "extra" 10 members in compelling, meaningful ways visually.

Just something to think about.

Carry on...

40...interesting. I personally would not want to do it, did 30 once and that was was too many. I can't imagine trying to keep track of where all the members are off the floor, not to mention on the floor. But I suppose independent guards don't worry about you off the floor as much as scholastic guards do...

One reason I can think of is $$$...more people mean collecting more dues, which possibly leads to better costumes...floors, flags...i dunno. just throwing it out there.

I do agree that it may effect smaller guards.

Not all venues are suited to 30, not to mention 40...but I know some designers design purely for WGI finals arena.

How manmy guards actually marched 30 this past season?

done rambling...ciao

• 2 weeks later...

I think Logan can benefit from the number increase. They currently have have 30 members in their SW program but also have another 30 in their SO program and I am sure there are some people in their SO program that could of moved up if there was more room. Logan's colorguard during the marching season can march anywhere from 50-70 members. So it is possible for some world units. I don't know if they would want to increase to 40 but at least they have the option of adding on a few more people here and there. If you haven't check out their marching band on youtube you should, their colorguard is massive lol.

Edited by kcee