Absolute LOUDEST show of all time !

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1980 Spirit of Atlanta

After the first 30 seconds of Georgia...........

Unbelievable!

Blue Devils "When a man loves a woman." Someone will have to help me with the year.

And the encore was LOUDLOUDLOUD too, maybe the loudest thing I've ever heard.

And I heard Spirit of Atlanta in 1980. I'll surprise you by saying that the BRIDGEMEN from 1980 were louder, and I heard them back-to-back in Huntington, WV.

I was sitting about 10 rows up (very low) on a 100 row stadium. When Bridgemen turned in the beginning of their closer "I wish I were in Dixie", WOW!!!!! They took my ears off.

Yes, I know they were sop heavy, and yes they were overblowing like crazy, but I'm telling you, it was the loudest thing I ever heard.

The OP asked for the loudest show of all time so maybe I missed the mark, but that was the loudest MOMENT I ever heard.

I have a few:

1975 Madison: Nothing subtle about this show.

1978 Madison: Malaguena right form the start and it never let up.

1984 Blue Devils. OMG! La Fiesta left my ears ringing. I first saw this show in Glenwood Springs. Small Stadium, maybe 15 feet from stands to front sideline. When BD cranked up the finale of La Fiesta the crowd reaction was incredible. I never heard a crowd that small get that loud. Incredible! :thumbup::shutup::worthy:

1989 Phantom Regiment: First hit in New World was the loudest thing I ever heard. Finale of the opener was too shabby either.

1980 Spirit: Jim Ott must of been smiling up there.

1990 Star: Could not believe a G Hornline could play that loud with that kind of intonation and balance. Real gamechanger imho.

Have to think of a few more later.

My non-finalist corps vote would easily go to 1997 Colts. I don't remember all of the details of the Blood, Sweat, and Tears show, but I do remember them being loud enough that I could feel that hornline at various points throughout the show. Makes me wish Chuck Naffier was still arranging for some world class groups.

Z

nothing after 2000 belongs on this list. sorry.

Just because something is loud doesn't mean its sounds good. I'd gladly take Cadets 2007 over Spirit. And clearly the loudest hornline was the 2003 Kiwanis Kavaliers.

My non-finalist corps vote would easily go to 1997 Colts. I don't remember all of the details of the Blood, Sweat, and Tears show, but I do remember them being loud enough that I could feel that hornline at various points throughout the show. Makes me wish Chuck Naffier was still arranging for some world class group

Z

I agree with that. 1998 Magic of Orlando comes to mind too. End of God Bless the Child was outrageous.