BEST Uniforms in drum corps history

Don't take TES personally. That poster is somewhat like Lucy Van Pelt in Peanuts; she dislikes everyone equally, some more than others.

Phasing refers to the timing and imprecision when multiple persons attempt the same movement simultaneously. So in the case in question, it's not just a comparison of whether the left file has their legs in unison with the right fiile but more so whether the position of the leg of the first person of the file, the second person of the file, etc. is the same as they attempt simultaneously the same action.

Of course there is a difficulty in achieving this precision when a 6'7" person marches next to someone 4'2". The judge references the common juncture that develop the movement (hips, legs, as well as feet.) The ability to achieve the precision is what sets a champion apart from others. In this the 2015 Cadets were lacking.

Mm I believe he was referring to me :) having different opinions from the hivemind makes one disliked on here, evidently. Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

Mm I believe he was referring to me :) having different opinions from the hivemind makes one disliked on here, evidently.

Maybe, maybe not.

Screamer has had his own personality and differences with other posters while you have been at your studies.

What's that song, "you probably think this song is about you..." Perhaps before your time.

• 4 weeks later...

Corps that Modify Their Traditional Look

1. Santa Clara Vanguard - SCV is another corps that works around their traditional look. To me, their classic uni is the 1982/83 uniform. However, the modifications they made in 1985 to feature both green and white pants was AMAZING. They have always modified their look for their shows. Think their Russian shows of 1986 and 87, their Phantom of the Opera shows in 88 and 89, their dark 1999 show, Scheherazade in 2004, Appalachian Spring in 2009, and on and on. They have done the best job of retaining a classic look while adding small to large changes.
  2. Blue Devils - a number of corps are changing their look by the year, and BD is one of the best as well. Their ability to find that perfect fit for their shows has been masterful. Their uniform from the 70s and 80s was, no doubt, a classic; but in the last few decades they have used many combinations. Their 1988 Black and Grey look was a one-year classic and so COOL. The pink added for the Tommy show in 1990 was awesome, and 2008 to now has been masterful.
  3. Bluecoats - BLOOO may not have the long-time tradition of a classic look to fall back on given the corps' history from Police Boys club corps to now, but what they have done from 1990 to now is amazing. Their 1995 uniform was perhaps their best look from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Then came the makeover around 2007 and I felt they began to hit another level. Their present adaption of that uniform is the best ever, and I dare say one of the absolute best looks in all of DCI today.
  4. Phantom Regiment has a bit longer history than does BLOOO, and they also have played around with the look of their uniforms over the years. Sadly, just my opinion, they have been hit and miss with many adaptions of their all-white classic. Oddly they were a bigger hit when they went all-black in 1996. To me I prefer that 1987 - 1989 uniform. Some years it's pretty sweet, and some years I don't care for them.

I honestly thought that the '89 unis weren't as cool-looking as the 2003-'05 unis. I know that they were pretty much the same thing, but the 2003 uniform hit home with me a bit more. They ditched the ostrich plume, and made the bottom of the torso piece a sort of a "w" shape.

'89:

02_10_2012_89phantom4.jpg

2003-'05

maxresdefault.jpg